Paulo Eduardo Neves Ferreira Velho
Affiliation: Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- DonovanosisPaulo Eduardo Neves Ferreira Velho
Division of Dermatology, Campinas University, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 12:521-5. 2008..Therefore, it is necessary to bring medical professionals up to date about this infectious disease...
- Severe anemia, panserositis, and cryptogenic hepatitis in an HIV patient infected with Bartonella henselaePaulo Eduardo Neves Ferreira Velho
Department of Dermatology, School of Medical Sciences, State University of Campinas UNICAMP, Brazil
Ultrastruct Pathol 31:373-7. 2007..henselae DNA was amplified and sequenced (GenBank accession number EF196804) from the angiomatous papule. Treatment with clarithromycin resulted in resolution of the bacillary angiomatosis, fever, anemia, panserosites, and hepatitis...
- [Quantitative calcaneal ultrasound evaluation allows distinguishing women with and without fractures]Lorena Aguirre Zambrano Velho
Faculade de Ciências Médicas, Universidade Estadual de Campinas
Rev Assoc Med Bras 53:229-33. 2007..The aim was to assess whether there was any difference between the right and the left foot s and whether two sequential measurements in each foot were statistically equivalent.....
- Blood cell findings resembling Bartonella sppLuiza Helena Urso Pitassi
Department of Dermatology, Medical School, State University of Campinas UNICAMP, Campinas, Brazil
Ultrastruct Pathol 34:2-6. 2010....
- What do we (not) know about the human bartonelloses?Paulo Eduardo Neves Ferreira Velho
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical School Sciences, State University of Campinas FCM UNICAMP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 7:1-6. 2003..As these diseases are not yet well defined, we have reviewed the four main human bartonelloses and have examined unclear points about these emergent diseases...
- Subcutaneous and cerebral cysticercosisAna Maria Uthida-Tanaka
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical School Sciences, State University of Campinas, Cidade Universitaria Zeferino Vaz, S N, 13 081 970, Campinas SP, Brazil
J Am Acad Dermatol 50:S14-7. 2004..The imaging examinations showed a massive central nervous system involvement. Physicians must be aware of the importance of subcutaneous nodule examination for the diagnosis of neurocysticercosis...
- Donovanosis treated with thiamphenicolWalter Belda
Department of Dermatology, School of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 11:388-9. 2007..The safety profile of thiamphenicol makes it a useful and cost-effective agent in the management of donovanosis. Randomized controlled trials should be conducted with these treatment options...
- Cryosurgical treatment of lentigo malignaAparecida Machado de Moraes
Department of Dermatology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Universidade Estadual de Campinas UNICAMP, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Dtsch Dermatol Ges 5:477-80. 2007..Lentigo maligna (LM) is a common melanocytic malignancy which requires therapy because of the risk of progression to invasive lentigo maligna melanoma which a much worse prognosis...
- Angiokeratoma of the vulvaLeticia Fogagnolo
Dermatology Department, School of Medical Sciences, University of Campinas UNICAMP, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
An Bras Dermatol 86:333-5. 2011..The article reports the case of a middle-aged black woman with a history of chronic constipation, varicose veins of the lower limbs and cesarean section performed 20 years ago who had had multiple vulvar angiokeratomas for three months...
- Bartonella henselae infects human erythrocytesLuiza Helena Urso Pitassi
Department of Dermatology, Medical School, State University of Campinas UNICAMP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Ultrastruct Pathol 31:369-72. 2007..The results favor the possibility that erythrocytes can serve as a primary target in Bartonella spp. infections. From this observation, further studies are warranted to prevent Bartonella spp. transfusional transmission...
- Evaluation of the in vitro activity of six antimicrobial agents against Neisseria gonorrhoeaeWalter Belda Junior
Department of Dermatology, Sao Paulo University, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 49:55-8. 2007..Tetracycline and its derivatives should be strongly contraindicated for the treatment of gonorrhea...
- Larva migrans: a case report and reviewPaulo Eduardo Neves Ferreira Velho
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculdade de Ci ncias M dicas, Universidade Estadual de Campinas, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 45:167-71. 2003..What attracts attention in this case is the exuberance and rarity of clinical manifestation. Based on the pertinent literature, we discuss the mechanisms of parasital infection, the natural history of the disease and its treatment...
- Mesotherapy: a bibliographical reviewFernanda Oliveira Camargo Herreros
Dermatology Department, University of Campinas, Campinas, SP, Brazil
An Bras Dermatol 86:96-101. 2011..A bibliographical review was conducted and we verified the need for new studies with adequate methods to confirm the benefits of intradermotherapy as used in dermatologic treatment...
- Ultrastructural changes in a standard strain of Bartonella henselae after passages through BALB/cAn micePaulo Eduardo Neves Ferreira Velho
Department of Internal Medicine, Medical School Sciences, State University of Campinas FCM UNICAMP, SP, Brazil
Ultrastruct Pathol 26:161-9. 2002..Most of these observations have not been previously described. Thus, further studies on the Bartonella species pathogenesis should consider these data...
- Lax skin masses in a 47-year-old womanFernanda Oliveira Camargo Herreros
University of Campinas Medical School, Campinas, Brazil
Arch Dermatol 141:1595-600. 2005
- Comparison of quality of life questionnaires and their correlation with the clinical course of patients with psoriasisRafael Augusto Tamasauskas Torres
School of Medical Sciences, University of Campinas, SP, Brazil
An Bras Dermatol 86:45-9. 2011..Treatment offers reasonable control of the condition; however, little importance is generally given to the patient's impression...