Rosane Freitas Schwan
Affiliation: Universidade Federal de Lavras
- Resende L, Pinheiro L, Miguel M, Ramos C, Vilela D, Schwan R. Microbial community and physicochemical dynamics during the production of 'Chicha', a traditional beverage of Indigenous people of Brazil. World J Microbiol Biotechnol. 2018;34:46 pubmed publisher..Weissella confusa and W. cibaria were detected in the final product (after 36 h of fermentation), W. confusa is often classified as probiotic and deserve further application studies. ..
- Viana R, MagalhÃ£es Guedes K, Braga R, Dias D, Schwan R. Fermentation process for production of apple-based kefir vinegar: microbiological, chemical and sensory analysis. Braz J Microbiol. 2017;48:592-601 pubmed publisher..This step will save energy demand and investment. This is the first study to produce apple vinegar using kefir grains. ..
- Ribeiro L, Miguel M, Evangelista S, Martins P, van Mullem J, Belizario M, et al. Behavior of yeast inoculated during semi-dry coffee fermentation and the effect on chemical and sensorial properties of the final beverage. Food Res Int. 2017;92:26-32 pubmed publisher..Strain CCMA 0543 was the most suitable as an inoculant due to its enhanced persistence during the process and number of volatile compounds produced. ..
- Freire A, Ramos C, Schwan R. Microbiological and chemical parameters during cassava based-substrate fermentation using potential starter cultures of lactic acid bacteria and yeast. Food Res Int. 2015;76:787-795 pubmed publisher..This study demonstrated co-cultures of yeasts and LAB had the ability to improve the aroma profile of the final product and the safety of the product by lowering the pH. ..
- Magalhães da Veiga Moreira I, de Figueiredo Vilela L, da Cruz Pedroso Miguel M, Santos C, Lima N, Freitas Schwan R. Impact of a Microbial Cocktail Used as a Starter Culture on Cocoa Fermentation and Chocolate Flavor. Molecules. 2017;22: pubmed publisher..i>Saccharomyces cerevisiae UFLA CCMA 0200, Lactobacillus plantarum CCMA 0238, and Acetobacter pasteurianus CCMA 0241 are proposed as starter cultures for cocoa fermentation. ..
- Visintin S, Ramos L, Batista N, Dolci P, Schwan F, Cocolin L. Impact of Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Torulaspora delbrueckii starter cultures on cocoa beans fermentation. Int J Food Microbiol. 2017;257:31-40 pubmed publisher..The application of starter cultures did change the aroma profile of the resulting chocolate as determined by GC-MS; in some case the differences observed had a significantly impact on the consumer perception of the chocolates. ..
- Freire A, Ramos C, Schwan R. Effect of symbiotic interaction between a fructooligosaccharide and probiotic on the kinetic fermentation and chemical profile of maize blended rice beverages. Food Res Int. 2017;100:698-707 pubmed publisher..This is an important step in the commercial production of alternative beverages from common food substrates for consumers. ..
- Batista N, de Andrade D, Ramos C, Dias D, Schwan R. Antioxidant capacity of cocoa beans and chocolate assessed by FTIR. Food Res Int. 2016;90:313-319 pubmed publisher..94), indicating that the FTIR technique represents a fast and reliable tool to evaluate TPC and TAC in cocoa beans and chocolate. ..
- Martinez S, Bressani A, Miguel M, Dias D, Schwan R. Different inoculation methods for semi-dry processed coffee using yeasts as starter cultures. Food Res Int. 2017;102:333-340 pubmed publisher..The bucket method favored the permanence of the microorganisms during coffee processing, especially the treatment inoculated with S. cerevisiae...
- Freire A, Ramos C, da Costa Souza P, Cardoso M, Schwan R. Nondairy beverage produced by controlled fermentation with potential probiotic starter cultures of lactic acid bacteria and yeast. Int J Food Microbiol. 2017;248:39-46 pubmed publisher..Therefore, a nondairy fermented beverage was successfully obtained, and the co-culture of LAB and T. delbrueckii could increase the product's functional properties. ..