Nelson A Rosario
Affiliation: Universidade Federal do Paran
- Asthma and Rhinitis in South America: How Different They are From Other Parts of the WorldHerberto José Chong Neto
Division of Pediatric Allergy and Immunology, Federal University of Parana, Parana, Brazil
Allergy Asthma Immunol Res 4:62-7. 2012..The prevalence increases of asthma and rhinitis in South American centers indicate that the burden of both is continuing to rise, but the differences in prevalence are lessening...
- Pediatric allergy and immunology in BrazilNelson A Rosario-Filho
Department of Pediatrics, Federal University of Parana, Curitiba, PR, Brazil
Pediatr Allergy Immunol 24:402-9. 2013..The field of PID requires further training. Last, this review is a tribute to Prof. Dr. Charles Naspitz, one of the pioneers of our specialty in Brazil...
- Allergy to beta-lactams in pediatrics: a practical approachNelson A Rosario
Universidade Federal do Parana UFPR, Curitiba, PR, Brazil
J Pediatr (Rio J) 82:S181-8. 2006..To present a practical approach to the diagnosis and management of allergy to beta-lactam antibiotics...
- Epidemiology of allergic conjunctivitisNelson Rosario
Pediatric Allergy and Immunology Division, Hospital de Clinicas, Federal University of Parana, Curitiba, Brazil
Curr Opin Allergy Clin Immunol 11:471-6. 2011..Use of healthcare resources and reduced quality of life of affected individuals justify studies on the prevalence of allergic conjunctivitis...
- Chest diameter ratios for detecting static hyperinflation in children using photogrammetryDenise da V Ricieri
Departamento de Pediatria, Universidade Federal do Parana UFPR, Curitiba, PR, Brazil
J Pediatr (Rio J) 84:410-5. 2008..To develop a photogrammetric method capable of identifying increases in anteroposterior chest diameters suggestive of pulmonary hyperinflation, and to test it with both asthmatic and asthma-free children...
- Neurofibromatosis 1 associated with spinal muscular atrophyLúcia H Coutinho Dos Santos
Department of Pediatric Neurology, Federal University of Parana, Curitiba, Parana, Brazil
Pediatr Neurol 40:117-9. 2009..Reported here is the coinheritance of two monogenic syndromes in the same patient, a novel association with specific anti-polysaccharide antibody deficiency...
- Is allergic rhinitis a trivial disease?Dirceu Sole
Division of Allergy, Clinical Immunology and Rheumatology, Department of Pediatrics, Federal University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 66:1573-7. 2011..However, there are few reports based on data obtained from the International Study of Asthma and Allergies in Childhood examining asthma severity in combination with rhinitisrelated symptoms...
- Early microbial colonization of cystic fibrosis patients identified by neonatal screening, with emphasis on Staphylococcus aureusHelena A P H M Souza
Universidade Federal do Parana UFPR, Curitiba, PR
J Pediatr (Rio J) 82:377-82. 2006..To assess susceptibility to antimicrobials and to perform the molecular typing of Staphylococcus aureus strains isolated from the oropharynx of patients during the study...