Marcio V Ramos
Affiliation: Universidade Federal do Cear
- Silva A, Matos M, Ralph M, Silva D, de Alencar N, Ramos M, et al. Comparison of immunomodulatory properties of mannose-binding lectins from Canavalia brasiliensis and Cratylia argentea in a mice model of Salmonella infection. Int Immunopharmacol. 2016;31:233-8 pubmed publisher..We conclude that ConBr and CFL are prospective phytotherapeutics capable of modulate the cascade of pro-inflammatory plus regulatory cytokines and nitric oxide release derived from systemic infections. ..
- Freitas C, Viana C, Vasconcelos I, Moreno F, Lima Filho J, Oliveira H, et al. First insights into the diversity and functional properties of chitinases of the latex of Calotropis procera. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2016;108:361-371 pubmed publisher..It is concluded that closely related chitinases are present in the latex of C. procera, and the first experimental evidence suggests these proteins are involved more efficiently in defence strategies against insects rather than fungi. ..
- Ramos M, Oliveira J, Figueiredo J, Figueiredo I, Kumar V, Bitencourt F, et al. Involvement of NO in the inhibitory effect of Calotropis procera latex protein fractions on leukocyte rolling, adhesion and infiltration in rat peritonitis model. J Ethnopharmacol. 2009;125:387-92 pubmed publisher....
- Ramos M, Araujo E, Jucá T, Monteiro Moreira A, Vasconcelos I, Moreira R, et al. New insights into the complex mixture of latex cysteine peptidases in Calotropis procera. Int J Biol Macromol. 2013;58:211-9 pubmed publisher..The purified enzymes exhibited plasma-clotting activity mediated by a thrombin-like mechanism. The set of results suggest the three isolated polypeptides correspond to different post-translationally processed forms of the same protein. ..
- Bezerra C, Mota E, Silva A, Tome A, Silva M, de Brito D, et al. Latex proteins from Calotropis procera: Toxicity and immunological tolerance revisited. Chem Biol Interact. 2017;274:138-149 pubmed publisher..Instead it was observed immunological tolerance. The present study contributes very important information concerning the safe use of C. procera as a phytotherapeutic agent. ..
- Souza I, Ramos M, Costa J, Freitas C, Oliveira R, Moreno F, et al. The osmotin of Calotropis procera latex is not expressed in laticifer-free cultivated callus and under salt stress. Plant Physiol Biochem. 2017;119:312-318 pubmed publisher..However the corresponding protein is not produced in cultivated cells. Therefore, presently the hypothesis that CpOsm is involved in abiotic stress is not fully supported. ..