Lucas C Quarantini
Affiliation: Universidade Federal da Bahia
- Effect of amantadine on depressive symptoms in chronic hepatitis C patients treated with pegylated interferon: a randomized, controlled pilot studyLucas C Quarantini
Department of Neuropsychiatry, Federal University of Bahia School of Medicine, Brazil
Clin Neuropharmacol 29:138-43. 2006..Assess the effect of amantadine on depressive symptoms during interferon alfa therapy for hepatitis C virus infection...
- Comorbid major depression in obsessive-compulsive disorder patientsLucas C Quarantini
University Hospital, Psychiatry Service, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Salvador, Brazil
Compr Psychiatry 52:386-93. 2011..There was no preferential association of MDD with any particular OCD symptom dimension. This study supports the notion that depressed OCD patients present more severe general psychopathology...
- [Comorbid mood and anxiety disorders in victims of violence with posttraumatic stress disorder]Lucas C Quarantini
Serviço Psiquiátrico, Hospital Escola, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Salvador, BA, Brasil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 31:S66-76. 2009..To review studies that have evaluated the comorbidity between posttraumatic stress disorder and mood disorders, as well as between posttraumatic stress disorder and other anxiety disorders...
- The impact of comorbid posttraumatic stress disorder on bipolar disorder patientsLucas C Quarantini
Teaching Hospital Psychiatry Service, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Salvador, BA, Brazil
J Affect Disord 123:71-6. 2010..The present report was carried out using the Brazilian Research Consortium for Bipolar Disorders and aimed to examine whether patients with BD and comorbid PTSD are at an increased risk for worse clinical outcomes...
- A neuropsychological study comparing patients infected with HCV and HBV without psychiatric comorbiditiesLucas C Quarantini
University Hospital, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Salvador, Brazil
J Med Virol 81:1184-8. 2009....
- The effect of early virological response in health-related quality of life in HCV-infected patientsLucas C Quarantini
Hospital Universitario Professor Edgard Santos, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Bahia, Brazil
J Med Virol 80:419-23. 2008..019). Differences in other domains were not significant. The present study confirms that active viral infection is one possible reason for the poor Health-Related Quality of Life in this population...
- Incidence of psychiatric side effects during pegylated interferon- alpha retreatment in nonresponder hepatitis C virus-infected patientsLucas C Quarantini
University Hospital, Federal University of Bahia School of Medicine, Salvador Bahia, Brazil
Liver Int 27:1098-102. 2007..Evaluate the incidence of mental disorders using pegylated interferon plus ribavirin retreatment in nonresponder hepatitis C virus-infected patients...
- Psychosis during peginterferon-alpha 2a and ribavirin therapy: case reportLucas C Quarantini
Neuropsychiatry Department, Federal University of Bahia, Salvador, BA, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 10:406-7. 2006..We report a case of psychotic disorder that occurred during therapy with pegylated Interferon-alpha given associated with ribavirin. After good response to psychiatric treatment, it became possible to finish the anti-viral therapy...
- Lack of association of indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase polymorphisms with interferon-alpha-related depression in hepatitis CAmanda Galvão-de Almeida
Department of Neurosciences and Mental Health, Medical School, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Bahia, Brazil
Brain Behav Immun 25:1491-7. 2011....
- Lower rates of comorbidities in euthymic bipolar patientsFabiana Nery-Fernandes
Center for Study and Treatment of Affective Disorders CETTA, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Salvador BA, Brazil
World J Biol Psychiatry 10:474-9. 2009..This study assessed the frequency of axis I psychiatric comorbidities in euthymic bipolar patients and the clinical differences between patients with and without comorbidities...
- Impact of psychiatric disorders on the quality of life of brazilian HCV-infected patientsSusana Batista-Neves
Hospital Universitario, Federal University of Bahia, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 13:40-3. 2009..The presence of a psychiatric comorbidity was the variable that was most associated with the different scores in the SF-36, compared to other variables such as age, gender, aminotransferase levels, and degree of fibrosis...
- The identification of unipolar mania subtype based on anxiety comorbidityMonica Andrade-Nascimento
University Hospital Psychiatry Service, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Salvador, BA, Brazil
J Affect Disord 132:356-9. 2011..Unipolar mania is a controversial topic. Clinical research has focused on establishing specific characteristics that allow it to be distinguished from bipolar disorder (BD)...
- Is the interferon-α-triggered depressive episode a self-limited kind of depression? Four cases of persistent affective symptoms after antiviral treatment in HCV-infected individualsAmanda Galvão-de Almeida
Department of Neurosciences and Mental Health, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Teaching Hospital Psychiatry Service, Bahia, Brazil
World J Biol Psychiatry 11:914-8. 2010..To discuss relevant aspects in a series of cases in which interferon-α-triggered depressive symptoms persisted up to 4 years after therapy cessation in HCV-infected patients...
- Prevalence and clinical impact of eating disorders in bipolar patientsCamila Seixas
Center for the Study of Mood and Anxiety Disorders, University Hospital, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Salvador, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 34:66-70. 2012..To study the impact of eating disorders (EDs) on the severity of bipolar disorder (BD)...
- Reduced posterior corpus callosum area in suicidal and non-suicidal patients with bipolar disorderFabiana Nery-Fernandes
Program of Mood and Anxiety Disorders CETHA, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
J Affect Disord 142:150-5. 2012..We examined the CC area and impulsivity in euthymic bipolar I patients, with and without lifetime history of suicide attempts, and in healthy controls...
- Is there an association between suicide attempt and delay of initiation of mood stabilizers in bipolar I disorder?Fabiana Nery-Fernandes
Program of Mood and Anxiety Disorders CETHA, University Hospital, and Programa de Pós graduação em Medicina e Saúde, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Brazil
J Affect Disord 136:1082-7. 2012..In this study, our aim was to investigate the association between delay of mood stabilizer treatment in bipolar patients and lifetime history of suicide attempts...
- High frequency of unrecognized mental disorders in HCV-infected patientsSusana Carolina Batista-Neves
University Hospital, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Bahia, Brazil
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 30:80-2. 2008..This study indexed the frequency of psychiatric disorders among hepatitis C virus (HCV)-infected patients...
- Can antidepressants prevent interferon-alpha-induced depression? A review of the literatureAmanda Galvão-de Almeida
Universidade Federal da Bahia, Teaching Hospital Psychiatry Service, 40110 909 Bahia, Brazil
Gen Hosp Psychiatry 32:401-5. 2010..To review the literature about the efficacy of antidepressant prophylaxis during interferon-alpha (IFN-alpha) therapy...
- Amygdalar volume in borderline personality disorder with and without comorbid post-traumatic stress disorder: a meta-analysisClaudia P de-Almeida
Department of Neurosciences and Mental Health, Federal University of Bahia, Salvador, Brazil
CNS Spectr 17:70-5. 2012....
- Clinical and socio-demographic characteristics of college students exposed to traumatic experiences: a census of seven college institutions in Northeastern BrazilLiana R Netto
Programa de Pós Graduação em Medicina e Saúde, Faculdade de Medicina da Bahia, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
PLoS ONE 8:e78677. 2013..The aim of this multicentric study is to establish the proportion of college students, within seven institutions in Northeastern Brazil, who were exposed to traumatic experience and met PTSD criteria...
- Systemic lupus, folie a trois and homicideAndré C Caribé
Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program CETHA, University Hospital, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Salvador, Brazil Electronic address
Compr Psychiatry 54:1032-3. 2013..We present a case report of folie a trois resulting in murder, secondary to acute psychosis in SLE. ..
- Impact of sustained virologic response on quality of life in chronic HVC carriersRenato Daltro-Oliveira
Faculdade de Medicina da Bahia, Federal University of Bahia, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
Ann Hepatol 12:399-407. 2013..Thus, we sought to review systematically the evidence in the literature and perform a meta-analysis of HRQOL changes caused by sustained virologic response (SVR)...
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder: an open-label pilot trial of escitalopramAmanda Galvão-de Almeida
Department of Psychiatry, Federal University of Bahia, Brazil
CNS Spectr 12:519-24. 2007..However, approximately 40% of patients do not have a significant improvement, suggesting that new medications are needed. This study was designed to investigate the treatment response to escitalopram in OCD patients...
- Religiosity as a protective factor in suicidal behavior: a case-control studyAndré C Caribé
Poison Information Center of Bahia, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
J Nerv Ment Dis 200:863-7. 2012..63 (95% confidence interval [CI], 0.45-0.89); NORA: OR, 0.56 (95% CI, 0.42-0.75); and IR: OR, 0.59 (95% CI, 0.49-0.70). These data have important implications for understanding religiosity factors that might protect against suicide...
- White matter hyperintensities and their association with suicidality in major affective disorders: a meta-analysis of magnetic resonance imaging studiesMaria Conceição Grangeon
Department of Neurosciences and Mental Health, Federal University of Bahia, Salvador, Brazil
CNS Spectr 15:375-81. 2010....
- [Persistent neurotoxicity secondary to lithium use: case report]Leandro Carvalho Araújo
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 28:163. 2006
- [Reversible clozapine-induced agranulocytosis]Fabiana Nery-Fernandes
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 28:162. 2006
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder after streptococcal infection in a frontal lobe-resected patientLucas C Quarantini
CNS Spectr 13:645-6. 2008
- Acute dystonia after injection of pegylated interferon alpha-2bLucas C Quarantini
Mov Disord 22:747-8. 2007
- Neuropsychological function in patients with chronic hepatitis CLucas C Quarantini
Liver Int 28:893-4; author reply 894-5. 2008