Ana Marlúcia Oliveira Assis
Affiliation: Universidade Federal da Bahia
- Determinants of cognitive function in childhood: a cohort study in a middle income contextDarci N Santos
Department of Collective Health, Institute of Collective Health, Federal University of Bahia, Salvador, Brazil
BMC Public Health 8:202. 2008..This study aimed to examine the relative contributions of both proximal and distal risk factors on child cognitive development, by breaking down the possible causal pathways through which poverty affects cognition...
- Schistosoma mansoni infection and nutritional status in schoolchildren: a randomized, double-blind trial in northeastern BrazilA M Assis
Department of Nutrition Sciences and Institute of Public Health, Federal University of Bahia, Brazil
Am J Clin Nutr 68:1247-53. 1998..These results indicate that, at least in boys, chronic S. mansoni infection at any intensity is detrimental to short-term growth and development...
- [Tolerance to administration of massive doses of vitamin A associated to mass immunization of children in Northeast Brazil]A M Assis
Escola de Nutrição, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Rua Araújo Pinho 32, Canela, Salvador, BA 40110 170, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 16:51-7. 2000..The results suggest that acute side effects like diarrhea, vomiting, fever, or anorexia were not associated with the vitamin A dosage given with mass OPV, DPT, and measles immunization...
- Childhood stunting in Northeast Brazil: the role of Schistosoma mansoni infection and inadequate dietary intakeA M O Assis
The School of Nutrition, Federal University of Bahia, Salvador, Brazil
Eur J Clin Nutr 58:1022-9. 2004..To evaluate the relationship between stunting, Schistosoma mansoni infection and dietary intake in schoolchildren...
- [Hemoglobin concentration, breastfeeding and complementary feeding in the first year of life]Ana Marlúcia Oliveira Assis
Escola de Nutrição, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Salvador, BA, Brazil
Rev Saude Publica 38:543-51. 2004..To assess the relationship between hemoglobin concentration and breastfeeding and complementary feeding during the first years of life...
- Childhood anemia prevalence and associated factors in Salvador, Bahia, BrazilAna Marlucia O Assis
Escola de Nutrição, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Salvador, Brazil
Cad Saude Publica 20:1633-41. 2004..Anemia constitutes an important health problem in this study's child population. Improvements in living conditions and dietary quality could contribute to a reduction in anemia prevalence...
- Growth faltering in childhood related to diarrhea: a longitudinal community based studyA M O Assis
School of Nutrition, Federal University of Bahia, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
Eur J Clin Nutr 59:1317-23. 2005..This study aimed to evaluate the association of diarrhea and acute lower respiratory tract infections (ALRI) with growth of preschool children...
- Determinants of mild-to-moderate malnutrition in preschoolers in an urban area of Northeastern Brazil: a hierarchical approachAna Marlúcia Oliveira Assis
Escola de Nutrição, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Rua Araújo Pinho 32, Canela 40110 150, Salvador, Bahia, Brasil
Public Health Nutr 11:387-94. 2008..To investigate the determinants of mild-to-moderate malnutrition in preschoolers...