S O V Nunes
Affiliation: Universidade Estadual de Londrina
- The association of the HLA in patients with schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, and in their biological relativesS O V Nunes
Department of Psychiatry Londrina State University UEL, Av Adhemar de Barros, 625, 86050190 Londrina, Brazil
Schizophr Res 76:195-8. 2005..These findings suggest the existence of some involvement of an immunogenetic mechanism in a subgroup of schizophrenic, schizoaffective patients, and biological relatives...
- SLC6A4 STin2 VNTR genetic polymorphism is associated with tobacco use disorder, but not with successful smoking cessation or smoking characteristics: a case control studyMárcia Regina Pizzo de Castro
IMPACT Strategic Research Centre, School of Medicine, Deakin University, Geelong, Victoria, Australia
BMC Genet 15:78. 2014..SLC6A4 gene STin2 VNTR polymorphism was assessed using a Multiplex-PCR-based method. At baseline, participants were evaluated using the Fagerström Test for Nicotine Dependence (FTND) and the ASSIST scale...
- The shared role of oxidative stress and inflammation in major depressive disorder and nicotine dependenceSandra Odebrecht Vargas Nunes
Department of Medicine Clinical, Londrina State University UEL, Health Sciences Centre, Londrina, Parana, Brazil Center of Approach and Treatment for Smokers, University Hospital, Londrina State University, Campus Universitario, P O Box 6001, ZIP 86051 990 Londrina, Parana, Brazil Electronic address
Neurosci Biobehav Rev 37:1336-45. 2013..These pathways provide a mechanistic framework for understanding the interaction between nicotine dependence and depressive disorder. ..
- A comparison of inflammatory markers in depressed and nondepressed smokersSandra Odebrecht Vargas Nunes
Department of Psychiatry, Health Sciences Center, Londrina State University, University Hospital, Londrina, Brazil
Nicotine Tob Res 14:540-6. 2012..The aim of this study was to investigate inflammatory markers in tobacco smokers and compare depressed and nondepressed smokers...
- Immune and hormonal activity in adults suffering from depressionS O V Nunes
Departamento de Clinica Medica, Legislação e Deontologia, Centro de Ciencias da Saude, Universidade Estadual de Londrina, Av Robert Koch 60, 86038 440 Londrina, PR, Brazil
Braz J Med Biol Res 35:581-7. 2002..Thus, the data obtained should be interpreted with caution and the precise clinical relevance of these findings requires further investigation...