Aldo Angelo Moreira Lima
Affiliation: Universidade Federal do Cear
- Goat milk with and without increased concentrations of lysozyme improves repair of intestinal cell damage induced by enteroaggregative Escherichia coliEunice B Carvalho
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology and INCT Biomedicine, Faculty of Medicine, Federal University of Ceara, Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil
BMC Gastroenterol 12:106. 2012....
- Apolipoprotein E COG 133 mimetic peptide improves 5-fluorouracil-induced intestinal mucositisOrleâncio Gomes R Azevedo
Center for Global Health, School of Medicine, University of Virginia, Carter Harrison Bldg MR 6, 625 Crispell Drive, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
BMC Gastroenterol 12:35. 2012..Experiments were also conducted in C57BL6J ApoE knock-out mice to assess the effects of apoE peptide treatment...
- Evaluation of HIV protease and nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors on proliferation, necrosis, apoptosis in intestinal epithelial cells and electrolyte and water transport and epithelial barrier function in miceManuel B Braga Neto
Institute of Biomedicine and Clinical Research Unit University Hospital, Federal University of Ceara, Fortaleza, Brazil
BMC Gastroenterol 10:90. 2010..This study aims to investigate the effects of selected antiretroviral agents on intestinal histopathology and function in vivo and on cell proliferation and death in vitro...
- Impact of the number of failed therapeutic regimes on the development of resistance mutations to HIV-1 in northeast BrazilMelissa Soares Medeiros
Department of Pharmacology and Fisiology, Institute of Biomedicine, School of Medicine, Federal University of Ceara, Fortaleza, CE, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 11:451-5. 2007..Increased resistance mutations will affect future therapeutic options for HIV patients in Brazil because it results in a significant increase in resistance to antiretroviral drugs...
- Effects of vitamin A supplementation on intestinal barrier function, growth, total parasitic, and specific Giardia spp infections in Brazilian children: a prospective randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialAldo A M Lima
INCT Institute of Biomedicine, Clinical Research Unit, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Federal University of Ceara, Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 50:309-15. 2010..This study evaluates the effects of retinol on intestinal barrier function, growth, total parasites, and Giardia spp infections in children in northeastern Brazil...
- Genotype testing and antiretroviral resistance profiles from HIV-1 patients experiencing therapeutic failure in northeast BrazilMelissa Soares Medeiros
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, Federal University of Ceara, IBIMED, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 11:390-4. 2007..The top six mutation patterns accounted for 49% of the resistance to PI's, for 38.5% of NRTI resistance, and the top two mutation patterns accounted for 40.9% of resistance to NNRTI's...
- Campylobacter jejuni and Campylobacter coli in children from communities in Northeastern Brazil: molecular detection and relation to nutritional statusJosiane da Silva Quetz
Institute of Biomedicine for Brazilian Semi Arid and Clinical Research Unit Center for Global Health, Federal University of Ceara, Fortaleza, Brazil
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 67:220-7. 2010..jejuni. The cdtABC operon was found in 57% of hipO(+) samples. C. jejuni/coli prevalence was similar in diarrhea and nondiarrhea groups. There was a significant association of C. jejuni infection with lower nutritional status...