Aldo Angelo Moreira Lima
Affiliation: Universidade Federal do Cear
- Zinc treatment ameliorates diarrhea and intestinal inflammation in undernourished ratsCamila A A de Queiroz
Laboratory of the Biology of Tissue Healing, Ontogeny and Nutrition, Department of Morphology and Institute of Biomedicine, School of Medicine, Federal University of Ceara, Rua Cel, Nunes de Melo, 1315, Fortaleza, CE, Brazil
BMC Gastroenterol 14:136. 2014..In this study, we examined whether oral zinc supplementation could improve weight, intestinal inflammation, and diarrhea in undernourished weanling rats...
- From Escherichia coli heat-stable enterotoxin to mammalian endogenous guanylin hormonesA A M Lima
Unidade de Pesquisas Clínicas, Instituto de Biomedicina, Departamento de Fisiologia e Farmacologia, Escola de Medicina, Universidade Federal do Ceara, Fortaleza, CE, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 47:179-91. 2014....
- Household food access and child malnutrition: results from the eight-country MAL-ED studyStephanie Psaki
Fogarty International Center, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, USA
Popul Health Metr 10:24. 2012..We investigate the relationship between household food access, one component of food security, and indicators of nutritional status in early childhood across eight country sites...
- Higher frequency of cagA EPIYA-C phosphorylation sites in H. pylori strains from first-degree relatives of gastric cancer patientsDulciene M M Queiroz
Laboratory of Research in Bacteriology, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
BMC Gastroenterol 12:107. 2012..To evaluate the prevalence of more virulent H. pylori genotypes in relatives of gastric cancer patients and in patients without family histories of gastric cancer...
- Goat milk with and without increased concentrations of lysozyme improves repair of intestinal cell damage induced by enteroaggregative Escherichia coliEunice B Carvalho
Department of Physiology and Pharmacology and INCT Biomedicine, Faculty of Medicine, Federal University of Ceara, Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil
BMC Gastroenterol 12:106. 2012....
- Apolipoprotein E COG 133 mimetic peptide improves 5-fluorouracil-induced intestinal mucositisOrleâncio Gomes R Azevedo
Center for Global Health, School of Medicine, University of Virginia, Carter Harrison Bldg MR 6, 625 Crispell Drive, Charlottesville, VA 22908, USA
BMC Gastroenterol 12:35. 2012..Experiments were also conducted in C57BL6J ApoE knock-out mice to assess the effects of apoE peptide treatment...
- Evaluation of HIV protease and nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors on proliferation, necrosis, apoptosis in intestinal epithelial cells and electrolyte and water transport and epithelial barrier function in miceManuel B Braga Neto
Institute of Biomedicine and Clinical Research Unit University Hospital, Federal University of Ceara, Fortaleza, Brazil
BMC Gastroenterol 10:90. 2010..This study aims to investigate the effects of selected antiretroviral agents on intestinal histopathology and function in vivo and on cell proliferation and death in vitro...
- Impact of the number of failed therapeutic regimes on the development of resistance mutations to HIV-1 in northeast BrazilMelissa Soares Medeiros
Department of Pharmacology and Fisiology, Institute of Biomedicine, School of Medicine, Federal University of Ceara, Fortaleza, CE, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 11:451-5. 2007..Increased resistance mutations will affect future therapeutic options for HIV patients in Brazil because it results in a significant increase in resistance to antiretroviral drugs...
- Effects of vitamin A supplementation on intestinal barrier function, growth, total parasitic, and specific Giardia spp infections in Brazilian children: a prospective randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trialAldo A M Lima
INCT Institute of Biomedicine, Clinical Research Unit, Department of Physiology and Pharmacology, School of Medicine, Federal University of Ceara, Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil
J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 50:309-15. 2010..This study evaluates the effects of retinol on intestinal barrier function, growth, total parasites, and Giardia spp infections in children in northeastern Brazil...
- Enteroaggregative Escherichia coli quantification in children stool samples using quantitative PCRIla Fernanda Nunes Lima
Institute of Biomedicine for Brazilian Semi Arid IBISAB and Clinical Research Unit, Federal University of Ceara, Fortaleza, Ceara, Brazil
APMIS 121:643-51. 2013..This new quantitative method provides a relatively simple means to quantify EAEC, which will likely be key to understanding the pathophysiology and impact of EAEC infection...
- Prevalence of enteroaggregative Escherichia coli and its virulence-related genes in a case-control study among children from north-eastern BrazilIla Fernanda Nunes Lima
Institute of Biomedicine for Brazilian Semi Arid and Clinical Research Unit Center for Global Health, School of Medicine, Federal University of Ceara, Fortaleza, CE, Brazil
J Med Microbiol 62:683-93. 2013..Statistical correlation between cases and controls was seen with either isolated or combined sets of genes, suggesting that the pathophysiology of EAEC infection involves a complex and dynamic modulation of several VRGs...
- Genotype testing and antiretroviral resistance profiles from HIV-1 patients experiencing therapeutic failure in northeast BrazilMelissa Soares Medeiros
Department of Pharmacology and Physiology, Federal University of Ceara, IBIMED, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 11:390-4. 2007..The top six mutation patterns accounted for 49% of the resistance to PI's, for 38.5% of NRTI resistance, and the top two mutation patterns accounted for 40.9% of resistance to NNRTI's...
- Improvement of intestinal permeability with alanyl-glutamine in HIV patients: a randomized, double blinded, placebo-controlled clinical trialRobério Dias Leite
Hospital São José de Doenças Infecciosas, Fortaleza, CE, Brazil
Arq Gastroenterol 50:56-63. 2013..Glutamine is the main source of energy of the enterocyte and diarrhea and weight loss are frequent in HIV infected patients...
- Campylobacter jejuni and Campylobacter coli in children from communities in Northeastern Brazil: molecular detection and relation to nutritional statusJosiane da Silva Quetz
Institute of Biomedicine for Brazilian Semi Arid and Clinical Research Unit Center for Global Health, Federal University of Ceara, Fortaleza, Brazil
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 67:220-7. 2010..jejuni. The cdtABC operon was found in 57% of hipO(+) samples. C. jejuni/coli prevalence was similar in diarrhea and nondiarrhea groups. There was a significant association of C. jejuni infection with lower nutritional status...