Affiliation: Universidade Federal de Pernambuco
- Measuring electrical and mechanical properties of red blood cells with double optical tweezersAdriana Fontes
Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, Cidade Universitaria, Departamento de Biofisica e Radiobiologia, Av Professor Moraes Rego, 50670 901, Recife PE, Brasil
J Biomed Opt 13:014001. 2008..We believe that the methodology proposed here can provide information about agglutination, help to improve the tests usually performed in transfusion services, and be applied for zeta potential measurements in other samples...
- Optical tweezers as a new biomedical tool to measure zeta potential of stored red blood cellsDiego C N Silva
Departamento de Biofisica e Radiobiologia, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil
PLoS ONE 7:e31778. 2012..These results show that measurements of zeta potentials provide new insights about RBCs storage lesion for transfusion purposes...
- Investigation of red blood cell antigens with highly fluorescent and stable semiconductor quantum dotsPatrícia Maria Albuquerque de Farias
Biofosica e Radiobiologia, Federal University of Pernambuco, Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil
J Biomed Opt 10:44023. 2005..The results obtained strongly suggest that this simple labeling procedure may be employed as an efficient tool to investigate quantitatively the distribution and expression of antigens in red blood cell membranes...
- Fluorescent II-VI semiconductor quantum dots in living cells: nonlinear microspectroscopy in an optical tweezers systemPatricia M A Farias
Departamento de Biofisica e Radiobiologia, UFPE, Recife, PE, Brazil, Departamento de Ciencias Farmaceuticas, UFPE, Recife, PE, Brazil
J Phys Chem B 112:2734-7. 2008....
- Semiconductor fluorescent quantum dots: efficient biolabels in cancer diagnosticsPatricia M A Farias
Department of Biophysics and Radiobiology, Federal University of Pernambuco, Cidade Universitaria, Recife, PE, Brazil
Methods Mol Biol 544:407-19. 2009..The procedure presented in this work was shown to be efficient as a potential tool for fast and precise cancer diagnostics...
- Non-specific interactions of CdTe/Cds Quantum Dots with human blood mononuclear cellsRafael B Lira
Departamento de Biofisica e Radiobiologia, Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, Recife, Brazil
Micron 43:621-6. 2012..Moreover, by using optical tweezers, we observed that, after QDs incubation, zeta potentials in live cells changed to a less negative value, which may indicate that oxidative adverse effects were caused by QDs to the cells...
- Evaluation of glycophenotype in breast cancer by quantum dot-lectin histochemistryCamila G Andrade
Keizo Asami Immunopathology Laboratory, Federal University of Pernambuco, Recife, Pernambuco, Brazil
Int J Nanomedicine 8:4623-9. 2013..These results indicate that QD-lectin conjugates can be used as molecular probes and can help to elucidate the glycoconjugate profile in biological processes. ..
- Quantum dots fluorescence quantum yield measured by thermal lens spectroscopyCarlos Estupiñán-López
Laboratory of Biomedical Optics and Imaging, Federal University of Pernambuco, Recife, PE, Brazil
Methods Mol Biol 1199:93-101. 2014..Aqueous dispersion carboxyl-coated cadmium telluride (CdTe) QDs samples were used to demonstrate the Thermal Lens Spectroscopy technical procedure. ..
- Semiquantitative fluorescence method for bioconjugation analysisAluízio G Brasil
Research Group on Biomedical Nanotechnology, Federal University of Pernambuco, Recife, PE, Brazil
Methods Mol Biol 1199:103-10. 2014..Although the protocols to confirm the QD-protein attachment shown here were developed for CdTe QDs coated with specific ligands and proteins, the principles are the same for other QDs-protein bioconjugates. ..
- Elastic properties of irradiated RBCs measured by optical tweezersM L Barjas-Castro
Hematology and Transfusion Center, State University of Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Transfusion 42:1196-9. 2002..Gamma irradiation of RBCs results in the production of reactive oxygen capable of initiating the process of membrane lipid peroxidation and accelerates the leakage of potassium ions from RBCs, resulting in an increase of internal viscosity...