Juliano L Fernandes
Affiliation: Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Right and left ventricular function and myocardial scarring in adult patients with sickle cell disease: a comprehensive magnetic resonance assessment of hepatic and myocardial iron overloadFlávia P Junqueira
Clínica de Diagnóstico Por Imagem CDPI, Av, das Américas 4666 sala 325, Barra da Tijuca, Rio de Janeiro 22649 900RJ, Brazil
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 15:83. 2013....
- Amlodipine reduces cardiac iron overload in patients with thalassemia major: a pilot trialJuliano Lara Fernandes
Internal Medicine Department, University of Campinas UNICAMP, Brazil
Am J Med 126:834-7. 2013..We designed a controlled pilot study to assess the potential of the calcium channel blocker amlodipine in strengthening the efficacy of iron chelation...
- Iron chelation therapy in the management of transfusion-related cardiac iron overloadJuliano Lara Fernandes
University of Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Transfusion 52:2256-68. 2012....
- Left and right ventricular function and volume assessment in young thalassemia major patients with no related myocardial iron overloadJuliano L Fernandes
University of Campinas UNICAMP, Campinas, Brazil
Ann Hematol 91:1839-44. 2012..In conclusion, younger patients with TM do not present different left or right ventricular function values compared to normal controls despite having increased left ventricular volumes and mass...
- Acute and chronic effects of exercise on inflammatory markers and B-type natriuretic peptide in patients with coronary artery diseaseJuliano Lara Fernandes
University of Campinas UNICAMP, R Antonio Lapa 1032, Campinas, SP, 13025 242, Brazil
Clin Res Cardiol 100:77-84. 2011..We sought to evaluate the consequences of an acute bout of exercise on inflammatory markers and BNP in untrained CAD patients before and after randomization to a training program...
- Preliminary assessment of cardiac short term safety and efficacy of manganese chloride for cardiovascular magnetic resonance in humansJuliano L Fernandes
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Campinas, UNICAMP, Campinas, Brazil
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 13:6. 2011..Therefore, our objectives were to study the safety and efficacy of a rapid infusion of manganese chloride (MnCl2) for cardiovascular magnetic resonance (CMR) in humans...
- Heart and liver T2 assessment for iron overload using different software programsJuliano L Fernandes
University of Campinas, UNICAMP, Campinas, Brazil
Eur Radiol 21:2503-10. 2011..To assess the level of agreement and interchangeability among different software programs for calculation of T2 values for iron overload...
- Preoperative B-type natriuretic peptide, and not the inflammation status, predicts an adverse outcome for patients undergoing heart surgeryFernando Ganem
Heart Institute InCor, Medical School, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 12:778-83. 2011....
- Pleiotropic effects of ezetimibe/simvastatin vs. high dose simvastatinAntonio Eduardo P Pesaro
Heart Institute, University of Sao Paulo, Av Enéas de C Aguiar, 44, Building II, 2nd Floor, Room 12, Sao Paulo, SP 05403 901, Brazil
Int J Cardiol 158:400-4. 2012..In the setting of stable coronary artery disease (CAD), it is not known if the pleiotropic effects of cholesterol reduction differ between combined ezetimibe/simvastatin and high-dose simvastatin alone...