Affiliation: Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Acute myocardial infarction in sickle cell disease: a possible complication of hydroxyurea treatmentAndre Fattori
Hemocentro da UNICAMP, Campinas, Brazil
Hematol J 5:589-90. 2005..Hematocrit and hemoglobin values of above 30% and 10.5 g/dl in SS patients on hydroxyurea therapy should be avoided or closely monitored...
- Increased levels of soluble ICAM-1 in the plasma of sickle cell patients are reversed by hydroxyureaNicola Conran
The Hematology and Hemotherapy Center, State University of Campinas UNICAMP, Campinas, Brazil
Am J Hematol 76:343-7. 2004..Such an event may benefit patients by reducing adhesive interactions between white cells and the endothelium...
- Gene expression profiles of erythroid precursors characterise several mechanisms of the action of hydroxycarbamide in sickle cell anaemiaFlávia Chagas Costa
The Haematology and Haemotherapy Centre, Faculty of Medical Sciences, State University of Campinas, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Br J Haematol 136:333-42. 2007..The genes involved in these mechanisms may represent potential tools for the identification of new targets for SCA therapy...
- Increased soluble guanylate cyclase activity in the red blood cells of sickle cell patientsNicola Conran
The Haematology and Haemotherapy Centre, State University of Campinas UNICAMP, Campinas, Brazil
Br J Haematol 124:547-54. 2004..Augmentation of cGMP levels by NO in erythroid cells may constitute a mechanism for induction of HbF and other erythrocyte functions and represent a possible therapeutic target for treatment of sickle cell disease...
- Systemic lupus erythematosus in patients with sickle cell diseaseSimone Appenzeller
Rheumatology Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, State University of Campinas Faculty of Medical Sciences, Campinas, Brazil
Clin Rheumatol 27:359-64. 2008..Physicians should be alerted to the possible development of SLE in patients with SCD to not delay the diagnosis and start appropriate treatment...