Whasley Ferreira Duarte
Affiliation: Universidade Federal de Lavras
- The effects of co-culturing non-Saccharomyces yeasts with S. cerevisiae on the sugar cane spirit (cachaça) fermentation processWhasley Ferreira Duarte
Department of Biology, Federal University of Lavras, CP 3037, Campus Universitario, CEP 37 200 000, Lavras, MG, Brazil
Antonie Van Leeuwenhoek 103:175-94. 2013..cerevisiae culture. The use of the non-Saccharomyces strain P. caribbica UFLA CAF733 in co-culture with S. cerevisiae UFLA CA11 may therefore be an interesting means by which to improve the quality of cachaça...
- Effect of co-inoculation of Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Lactobacillus fermentum on the quality of the distilled sugar cane beverage cachaçaWhasley Ferreira Duarte
Dept of Biology, Federal Univ of Lavras UFLA CP 3037 Campus Universitário, CEP 37 200 000 Lavras, MG, Brazil
J Food Sci 76:C1307-18. 2011..The sensory analysis, performed using the Mann-Whitney test, revealed that cachaça produced by co-inoculation differed from that produced by UFLA CA11 in taste and aroma...
- Optimization of fermentation conditions for production of the jabuticaba (Myrciaria cauliflora) spirit using the response surface methodologyWhasley Ferreira Duarte
Dept of Biology, Federal Univ of Lavras UFLA, CP 3037 Campus Universitário, CEP 37 200 000 Lavras, MG, Brazil
J Food Sci 76:C782-90. 2011..The group of panelists between the ages of 25 and 53 y old generally gave high marks for appearance in the principal component analysis...
- Evaluation of a potential starter culture for enhance quality of coffee fermentationCristina Ferreira Silva
Department of Biology, Federal University of Lavras, Lavras, MG, CEP 37200 000, Brazil
World J Microbiol Biotechnol 29:235-47. 2013..S. cerevisiae UFLACN727, P. guilliermondii UFLACN731 and C. parapsilosis UFLACN448 isolates are promising candidates to be tested in future studies as coffee starter cultures...
- Evaluation of stress tolerance and fermentative behavior of indigenous Saccharomyces cerevisiaeCíntia Lacerda Ramos
Departamento de Biologia, Universidade Federal de Lavras, Lavras, MG, Brazil
Braz J Microbiol 44:935-44. 2013..Therefore, the study of the biodiversity of yeasts from different environmental can reveal strains with desired characteristics to industrial applications...
- Screening of Lactobacillus isolated from pork sausages for potential probiotic use and evaluation of the microbiological safety of fermented productsFrancesca Silva Dias
Department of Biology, Federal University of Lavras, 37 200 000 Lavras, Minas Gerais, Brazil
J Food Prot 76:991-8. 2013..A cocktail of these 10 Lactobacillus isolates with potential probiotic properties was inoculated into pork sausage and inhibited the growth of L. monocytogenes...
- Indigenous and inoculated yeast fermentation of gabiroba (Campomanesia pubescens) pulp for fruit wine productionWhasley Ferreira Duarte
Department of Biology, Federal University of Lavras UFLA, Lavras, Minas Gerais, 37200 000, Brazil
J Ind Microbiol Biotechnol 36:557-69. 2009..Based on the characteristics of the pulp and acceptance in the sensory analysis, gabiroba fruits showed good potential for use in the production of fermented beverage...
- Utilization of coffee by-products obtained from semi-washed process for production of value-added compoundsVerónica Alejandra Bonilla-Hermosa
Department of Biology, Federal University of Lavras UFLA, CP 3037 Campus Universitário, CEP 37 200 000 Lavras, MG, Brazil
Bioresour Technol 166:142-50. 2014..Such results indicate that coffee residues show an excellent potential as substrates for production of value-added compounds. H. uvarum demonstrated high fermentative capacity using these residues. ..
- Study of the physicochemical parameters and spontaneous fermentation during the traditional production of yakupa, an indigenous beverage produced by Brazilian AmerindiansAna Luiza Freire
Department of Biology, Federal University of Lavras, Lavras, MG, 37200 000, Brazil
World J Microbiol Biotechnol 30:567-77. 2014..This is the first time that the microbial dynamics and physicochemical parameters were investigated in the yakupa beverage and it may contribute to the future selection of starter cultures to perform yakupa fermentations...