Helma P Cotrim
Affiliation: Universidade Federal da Bahia
- Clinical and histopathological features of NASH in workers exposed to chemicals with or without associated metabolic conditionsHelma P Cotrim
Faculdade de Medicina, Hospital Universitário Prof Edgar Santos, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Salvador, Brazil
Liver Int 24:131-5. 2004..Non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) has been associated with exposure to chemicals among workers from an industrial complex in Brazil. We investigated the NASH profile of these individuals associated or not with metabolic conditions...
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in Brazil. Clinical and histological profileHelma P Cotrim
Brazilian Group for the Study of the NAFLD Sociedade Brasileira de Hepatologia, Brazil
Ann Hepatol 10:33-7. 2011..Brazil is a largest country in this part of the world and the present study aimed to contribute with this information...
- Effects of light-to-moderate alcohol consumption on steatosis and steatohepatitis in severely obese patientsHelma P Cotrim
Postgraduate Course in Medicine and Health, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Bahia, Brazil
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 21:969-72. 2009..The aim of this study was to evaluate the relationship between LMAC and the severity of NAFLD in morbidly obese patients...
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease in severely obese individuals: the influence of bariatric surgeryAntônio Ricardo de Andrade
Postgraduate Course in Medicine and Health PPGMS, Universidade Federal da Bahia UFBA, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
Ann Hepatol 7:364-8. 2008..Here, we discuss the behavior and prognosis of this liver disease following post-surgical weight loss...
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease associated with obstructive sleep apnea: just a coincidence?Carla Daltro
Department of Internal Medicine, Bahiana School of Medicine and Public Health, Rua Clarival do Prado Valladares, 264 803, Salvador, Bahia, 41 820 700, Brazil
Obes Surg 20:1536-43. 2010..This study aimed to evaluate the frequency of OSA and NAFLD in obese patients and the relationship between OSA, insulin resistance, and severity of steatohepatitis (nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH))...
- [Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: clinical and histological characteristics in obese who underwent bariatric surgery]Almir G V Bitencourt
Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Salvador BA, Brasil
Acta Gastroenterol Latinoam 37:224-30. 2007..Obesity is an important risk factor of Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease (NAFLD) and it has been considered a predictor of severity of this condition. However, in severe obese patients the spectrum of NAFLD is in discussion...
- Anabolic-androgenic steroids: a possible new risk factor of toxicant-associated fatty liver diseasePaulo Adriano Schwingel
Programa de Pós Graduação em Medicina e Saúde PPgMS, Faculdade de Medicina da Bahia, Universidade Federal da Bahia UFBA, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
Liver Int 31:348-53. 2011..Industrial toxin and drugs have been associated with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD); in these cases, the disease has been termed toxicant-associated steatohepatitis (TASH)...
- [Non alcoholic fatty liver disease: treatment with soluble fibres]Raquel Rocha
Escola de Nutrição, Universidade Federal da Bahia, Salvador, BA, Brazil
Arq Gastroenterol 44:350-2. 2007..The present study suggests that oral soluble fibers may be useful to control risk factors and liver enzymes in patients with nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. However, future studies with histological controls are considered necessary...
- Prevalence and severity of sleep apnea in a group of morbidly obese patientsCarla Daltro
Bahiana School of Medicine and Public Health, Department of Internal Medicine, Bahia, Brazil
Obes Surg 17:809-14. 2007..In the morbidly obese, the prevalence may reach 80% in men and 50% in women. The aim of this study was to determine the prevalence and severity of sleep apnea in a group of morbidly obese patients, leading to bariatric surgery...
- Association between nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and coronary artery diseaseConsuelo P Vilar
Postgraduate Program in Medicine and Health, Faculdade de Medicina da Bahia FMB, Universidade Federal da Bahia UFBA, Salvador, BA, Brazil
Rev Assoc Med Bras 59:290-7. 2013..The aim of this article was to review the relationship between NAFLD and CAD and the methods of diagnosis used to assess such relationship...
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver and insulin resistance among petrochemical workersHelma P Cotrim
JAMA 294:1618-20. 2005
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease and insulin resistance: importance of risk factors and histological spectrumAna Cristina Guidorizzi de Siqueira
Curso de Pós Graduação em Medicina e Saúde, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade Federal da Bahia, Brazil
Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 17:837-41. 2005....