Affiliation: Universidade Estadual de Campinas
- Polymorphism of the human platelet antigen-5 system is a risk factor for occlusive vascular complications in patients with sickle cell anemiaV Castro
Hematology and Hemotherapy Center, State University of Campinas UNICAMP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Vox Sang 87:118-23. 2004..These data raised the question of whether platelet polymorphisms could be implicated in occlusive vascular complications (OVC) of SCA...
- A prospective study on the prevalence and risk factors for neonatal thrombocytopenia and platelet alloimmunization among 9332 unselected Brazilian newbornsVagner Castro
Hematology and Transfusion Center, The Department of Neonatology, State University of Campinas, UNICAMP, Campinas SP, Brazil
Transfusion 47:59-66. 2007..In this study the prevalence/causes of NT was determined in Brazilian newborns, a population characterized by admixture among Indigenous, Africans, and Caucasians...
- Diagnosis of Scott syndrome in patient with bleeding disorder of unknown causeMariane C Flores-Nascimento
Hematology and Hemotherapy Center, State University of Campinas UNICAMP, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Blood Coagul Fibrinolysis 23:75-7. 2012..She was treated with platelet transfusions and demonstrated a clinical improvement. Scott syndrome may be investigated in cases with bleeding history and normal coagulation tests...
- Genetic variability of platelet glycoprotein Ibalpha geneMargareth C Ozelo
Hematology and Hemotherapy Center, State University of Campinas, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Am J Hematol 77:107-16. 2004..These results suggest a greater complex evolutionary mechanism in the macroglycoprotein region of the GPIbalpha gene and may be useful in the design of gene-disease association studies for vascular disease...
- Fetal genotyping for platelets antigens: a precise tool for alloimmune thrombocytopenia: case report and literature reviewMarcelo Luis Nomura
Hematology and Hemotherapy Center, Centro de Atenção Integral à Saúde da Mulher CAISM, Universidade Estadual de Campinas UNICAMP, Cidade Universitaria, CEP 13084 881 Campinas, SP, Brazil
Arch Gynecol Obstet 282:573-5. 2010..Successful prevention and treatment depend on the identification of at-risk possible carriers of anti-platelet antibodies...
- The new noninvasive occlusion spectroscopy hemoglobin measurement method: a reliable and easy anemia screening test for blood donorsMárcio Pinto
Blood Collection Facility and the Hematology Laboratory, the Transfusion Medicine Laboratory, The Hematology Laboratory, and Statistics, Hematology and Hemotherapy Center, University of Campinas, UNICAMP, Campinas, Brazil
Transfusion 53:766-9. 2013..The aim of this study was to analyze the feasibility of occlusion spectroscopy method in blood banks and to compare the method with fingerstick hemoglobinometer and hemoglobin (Hb) determination on an automatic blood analyzer...
- Pancytopenia in untreated patients with Graves' diseaseCarmen S P Lima
Hematology and Hemotherapy, Department of Internal Medicine, State University of Campinas, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Thyroid 16:403-9. 2006....
- The relationship between ABO groups and subgroups, factor VIII and von Willebrand factorNorma Cristina Sousa
Departamento de Farmacologia, State University of Campinas, UNICAMP, Campinas, Brazil
Haematologica 92:236-9. 2007..01; FVIII p=0.04; VWF:RCo p<0.001). Strong correlations were demonstrated between plasma levels of VWF:Ag and FVIII (R=0.77; p=0.001) and between VWF:Ag and VWF:RCo (R=0.75; p=0.001)...
- A novel association of acquired ADAMTS13 inhibitor and acute dengue virus infectionFernanda C Rossi
Hematology and Hemotherapy Center, State University of Campinas, UNICAMP, Campinas, Brazil
Transfusion 50:208-12. 2010..Dengue is a mosquito-borne viral disease with an increasing incidence worldwide. Thrombocytopenia is a common finding in dengue virus (DV) infection; however, the underlying mechanisms remain unknown...