- Electromyographic activity of selected trunk muscles in subjects with and without hemiparesis during therapeutic exercise
Ligia Maxwell Pereira
Laboratory of Kinesiologic Electromyography and Kinematic, Physical Therapy Department, Universidade Estadual de Londrina, Parana, Brazil
J Electromyogr Kinesiol 21:327-32. 2011
..Experimental group subjects showed muscle activity alterations, principally in the rectus abdominis, indicating the occurrence of compensatory strategies...
- The relationship between visceral fat thickness and bone mineral density in sedentary obese children and adolescents
Ismael Forte Freitas Júnior
Department of Physical Education, Unesp Univ Estadual Paulista, Presidente Prudente, Brazil
BMC Pediatr 13:37. 2013
..Therefore, this cross-sectional study analyzed the relationship between thickness of abdominal adipose tissue and bone mineral variables in sedentary obese children and adolescents...
- Effects of exercises on Bell's palsy: systematic review of randomized controlled trials
Jefferson Rosa Cardoso
Universidade Estadual de Londrina, Londrina, Brazil
Otol Neurotol 29:557-60. 2008
..This study examined the effects of facial exercises associated either with mirror or electromyogram (EMG) biofeedback with respect to complications of delayed recovery in Bell's palsy...
- Association between regular participation in sports and leisure time behaviors in Brazilian adolescents: a cross-sectional study
Rômulo Araújo Fernandes
Department of Physical Education, Universidade Estadual de Londrina, Rodovia Celso Garcia Cid km, Londrina, PR, Brazil
BMC Public Health 8:329. 2008
..The aim of this study was to analyze the association between regular participation in sports and both active behaviors and TV viewing during leisure time...
- Comparison of the electromyographic activity of the anterior trunk during the execution of two Pilates exercises - teaser and longspine - for healthy people
Josilainne Marcelino Dias
Laboratory of Biomechanics and Clinical Epidemiology, Universidade Estadual de Londrina, Londrina, Brazil
J Electromyogr Kinesiol 24:689-97. 2014
..3%; 95% CI [1.31; 11.29]; p=.005). Higher concentric activation values for the EO were found when the teaser exercise was performed on the Cadillac. Exercises performed on the mat required greater rectus abdominis activation. ..
- The effectiveness of postoperative physical therapy treatment in patients who have undergone arthroscopic partial meniscectomy: systematic review with meta-analysis
Josilainne Marcelino Dias
Laboratory of Biomechanics and Clinical Epidemiology, Department of Physical Therapy, Universidade Estadual de Londrina, Londrina, Brazil
J Orthop Sports Phys Ther 43:560-76. 2013
..Systematic review with meta-analysis...
- The effectiveness of aquatic physical therapy in the treatment of fibromyalgia: a systematic review with meta-analysis
Tarcisio Brandão Lima
PAIFIT Research Group, Universidade Estadual de Londrina, Brazil
Clin Rehabil 27:892-908. 2013
..To assess the effectiveness of aquatic physical therapy in the treatment of fibromyalgia...
- The effect of physical training on heart rate variability in healthy children: a systematic review with meta-analysis
Carla Cristiane da Silva
Physiological Adaptations to Training Research Group GEAFIT, Londrina, Brazil
Pediatr Exerc Sci 26:147-58. 2014
..In conclusion, the available results from randomized controlled trials do not support the hypothesis that physical training improves HRV in healthy children[AUQ2]. ..
- Comparing the Pilates method with no exercise or lumbar stabilization for pain and functionality in patients with chronic low back pain: systematic review and meta-analysis
Ligia M Pereira
MSc Programme in Physical Education, Universidade Estadual de Londrina UEM, Londrina, Brazil
Clin Rehabil 26:10-20. 2012
..To perform a systematic review with meta-analyses that evaluates the effectiveness of the Pilates method on the pain and functionality outcome in adults with non-specific chronic low back pain...