Bruno P Berto
Affiliation: Universidade Federal Rural do Rio de Janeiro
- de Pinho I, Rodrigues M, Silva L, Lopes B, Oliveira M, Ferreira M, et al. Characterization and Distribution of Isospora sabiai N. SP. (Apicomplexa: Eimeriidae) from Thrushes Turdus spp. (Passeriformes: Turdidae) from Brazil. J Parasitol. 2017;103:285-291 pubmed publisher..This is the seventh isosporoid coccidian reported from New World turdids. ..
- Da Silva L, Rodrigues M, Lopes B, Berto B, Luz H, Ferreira I, et al. A new coccidian, Isospora parnaitatiaiensis n. sp. (Apicomplexa, Eimeriidae), from the white-shouldered fire-eye Pyriglena leucoptera (Passeriformes, Thamnophilidae) from South America. Parasitol Res. 2016;115:745-9 pubmed publisher..Sporocyst residuum is present, usually as a cluster of numerous granules. Sporozoites are vermiform with two refractile bodies and a nucleus. This is the second isosporoid coccidian described from antbirds (Thamnophilidae). ..
- Rodrigues M, Da Silva L, Lopes B, Berto B, Luz H, Ferreira I, et al. A new species of Isospora Schneider, 1881 (Apicomplexa: Eimeiriidae) from the grey-hooded attila Attila rufus Vieillot, 1819 (Passeriformes: Tyrannidae) on the Marambaia island, Brazil. Zootaxa. 2015;4034:193-6 pubmed publisher..This species has a wide distribution and their population trends appear to be stable; therefore, it is least concern according to IUCN (2015) criteria. ..
- FloriÃ£o M, Lopes B, Berto B, Lopes C. New approaches for morphological diagnosis of bovine Eimeria species: a study on a subtropical organic dairy farm in Brazil. Trop Anim Health Prod. 2016;48:577-84 pubmed publisher..The application of line regressions and ANOVA provided a means for the identification of these species. Finally, the current work proposes a dichotomous key to assist in the morphologic identification of bovine Eimeria spp. oocysts. ..
- Da Silva L, Rodrigues M, de Pinho I, do Bomfim Lopes B, Luz H, Ferreira I, et al. Some remarks on the distribution and dispersion of Coccidia from icterid birds in South America: Isospora guaxi n. sp. and Isospora bellicosa Upton, Stamper & Whitaker, 1995 (Apicomplexa: Eimeriidae) from the red-rumped cacique Cacicus haemorrhou. Syst Parasitol. 2017;94:151-157 pubmed publisher..haemorrhous. Therefore, in conclusion, this current study reveals the dispersion of coccidia from Icteridae across the Andes Mountains, besides describing the sixth isosporoid coccidium infecting an icterid bird. ..
- Berto B, Teixeira M, Lopes C. Tyzzeria parvula (Kotlan, 1933) Klimes, 1963 (Apicomplexa: Eimeriidae) in the greylag goose (Anser anser Linnaeus, 1758) in southeastern Brazil. Rev Bras Parasitol Vet. 2007;16:156-8 pubmed..Micropyle is absent, but oocyst residuum is present containing numerous granules and spherules. Surrounded by residuum there are eight sporozoites having one end round and other fine and slightly curved...
- Berto B, Flausino W, Luz H, Ferreira I, Lopes C. Two new Isospora species from Brazilian tanager (Ramphocelus bresilius dorsalis) of South America. Parasitol Res. 2009;105:635-9 pubmed publisher..Micropyle, oocyst residuum, and polar granule are absent. Sporocysts are ellipsoidal, 16.1 x 10.2 microm. Stieda and substieda bodies are present. Sporocyst residuum is present and sporozoites have a robust posterior refractile body...
- Berto B, Flausino W, Lopes C. First report of Tyzzeria parvula (Kotlán, 1933) Klimes, 1963 (Apicomplexa: Eimeriidae), in swan goose Anser cygnoides L., 1758, in Brazil. Rev Bras Parasitol Vet. 2008;17 Suppl 1:326-8 pubmed..Micropyles and polar granules were absent. The residuum sometimes formed a mass of spherules and granules and, at other times, was dispersed. Sporozoites had one rounded end and the other end was fine and slightly curved...
- Berto B, Luz H, Flausino W, Ferreira I, Lopes C. Isospora piacobrai n. sp. (Apicomplexa: Eimeriidae) from the masked yellowthroat Geothlypis aequinoctialis (Gmelin) (Passeriformes: Parulidae) in South America. Syst Parasitol. 2010;75:225-30 pubmed publisher..Sporozoites are vermiform with one refractile body and a nucleus. This is the first description of an isosporoid coccidian infecting a bird of the family Parulidae. ..
- Lopes B, Berto B, Luz H, Galvão G, Ferreira I, Lopes C. Isospora pitiguari n. sp. (Apicomplexa: Eimeriidae) from the rufous-browed peppershrike (Aves: Passeriformes: Vireonidae) Cyclarhis gujanensis Gmelin, 1789. Zootaxa. 2014;3760:96-100 pubmed publisher..Sporocyst residuum is composed of granules of different sizes. Sporozoites are vermiform with one refractile body and a nucleus. This is the first description of an isosporoid coccidium infecting a New World vireo. ..