Cristiane Valle Tovo
- Progression of liver fibrosis in monoinfected patients by hepatitis C virus and coinfected by HCV and human immunodeficiency virusCristiane Valle Tovo
Hospital Nossa Senhora da Conceicao, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Arq Gastroenterol 50:19-22. 2013..Studies made before the highly active antiretroviral therapy suggest that HIV can change the natural history of the HCV infection, leading to a faster progression of the liver fibrosis...
- Impact of human immunodeficiency virus infection in patients infected with the hepatitis C virusCristiane Valle Tovo
Hospital Nossa Senhora da Conceição HNSC, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Liver Int 27:40-6. 2007..The objective of the present study is to evaluate the impact of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) in patients with hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection...
- [Evaluation of the cellular immunity in patients coinfected by the hepatitis C virus and the human immunodeficiency virus]Cristiane Valle Tovo
Hospital Nossa Senhora da Conceicao, Porto Alegre, RS
Arq Gastroenterol 44:113-7. 2007..By the other side, the immune restoration observed after the onset of antiretroviral therapy can be partially obscured in patients with the hepatitis C virus...
- [Alpha-interferon versus peg-interferon associated to ribavirin in the treatment of genotype 1 hepatitis C virus and human immunodeficiency virus coinfected patients]Paulo Roberto Lerias de Almeida
Servicos de Medicina Interna, Hospital Nossa Senhora da Conceicao, Porto Alegre, RS
Arq Gastroenterol 46:132-7. 2009..There are few studies in the literature comparing these two treatments options in this population...
- Immune restoration in human immunodeficiency virus and hepatitis C virus coinfected patients after highly active antiretroviral therapyVicente Sperb Antonello
Department of Infection Control, Hospital Fêmina, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil Department of Infectious Diseases, Hospital Nossa Senhora da Conceicao, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil Post graduation Course in Hepatology, Universidade Federal de Ciências da Saúde de Porto Alegre, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil Electronic address
Braz J Infect Dis 17:551-4. 2013....
- [Evaluation of APRI score in liver disease following the introduction of antiretroviral therapy in HIV and HCV coinfected versus HIV monoinfected patients]Vicente Sperb Antonello
Servico de Infectologia, Hospital Nossa Senhora da Conceicao, Porto Alegre, RS
Rev Soc Bras Med Trop 43:678-81. 2010..Noninvasive hepatic fibrosis markers show great promise in determining liver fibrosis staging and monitoring disease progression...
- HAART and liver: is it safe?Vicente Sperb Antonello
Hospital Fêmina, Porto Alegre, RS, Brasil
J Infect Dev Ctries 8:1444-50. 2014..This study investigates the possibility that chronic HCV increases the risk of hepatotoxicity after highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) initiation...
- [Spontaneous bacterial peritonitis: impact of microbiological changes]Paulo Roberto Lerias de Almeida
Servico de Medicina Interna, Hospital Nossa Senhora da Conceicao, Porto Alegre, RS
Arq Gastroenterol 44:68-72. 2007..Spontaneous bacterial peritonitis is a serious complication in cirrhotic patients, and the changes in the microbiological characteristics reported in the last years are impacting the choice of antibiotic used in the treatment...
- Percutaneous liver biopsy--2 decades of experience in a public hospital in the South of BrazilRafael Bergesch D'Incao
Former Medical Resident of the Service of Gastroenterology, Hospital Nossa Senhora da Conceição HNSC, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
Ann Hepatol 12:876-80. 2013..The objective is to assess the patients' profile as well as the indication and results of percutaneous liver biopsies in a tertiary hospital...
- [Ambulatorial prevalence of hepatitis B and C markers in patients with human immunodeficiency virus infection in a general hospital]Cristiane Valle Tovo
Arq Gastroenterol 43:73-6. 2006..Hepatitis B and C viruses and human immunodeficiency virus share the same route of transmission, and the prevalence of HBV and HCV infection in patients infected with HIV is greater than it is in the general population...
- Hepatitis B vaccine efficacy in patients with chronic liver disease by hepatitis C virusAngelo Alves de Mattos
Department of Gastroenterology, Fundação Faculdade de Ciências Médicas of Porto Alegre FFFCMPA, Brazil
Arq Gastroenterol 41:180-4. 2004..Considering the immunosuppression of patients with chronic liver disease, their response to vaccination is discussed in literature...