Carlos R Tirapelli
- Gonzaga N, Mecawi A, Antunes Rodrigues J, De Martinis B, Padovan C, Tirapelli C. Ethanol withdrawal increases oxidative stress and reduces nitric oxide bioavailability in the vasculature of rats. Alcohol. 2015;49:47-56 pubmed publisher..These responses could predispose individuals to the development of cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Simplicio J, Resstel L, Tirapelli D, D OrlÃ©ans Juste P, Tirapelli C. Contribution of oxidative stress and prostanoids in endothelial dysfunction induced by chronic fluoxetine treatment. Vascul Pharmacol. 2015;73:124-37 pubmed publisher..Finally, our findings raise the possibility that fluoxetine treatment increases the risk for vascular injury, a response that could predisposes to cardiovascular diseases. ..
- Leite L, Gonzaga N, Simplicio J, do Vale G, Carballido J, Alves Filho J, et al. Pharmacological characterization of the mechanisms underlying the vascular effects of succinate. Eur J Pharmacol. 2016;789:334-343 pubmed publisher..The vascular relaxation induced by succinate is partially mediated by endothelial GPR91 receptors via the NO-cGMP pathway, a vasodilator cyclooxygenase (COX) product(s) and the opening of K(+) channels. ..
- Simplicio J, do Vale G, Gonzaga N, Leite L, Hipólito U, Pereira C, et al. Reactive oxygen species derived from NAD(P)H oxidase play a role on ethanol-induced hypertension and endothelial dysfunction in rat resistance arteries. J Physiol Biochem. 2017;73:5-16 pubmed publisher..Moreover, ethanol consumption affects the expression and phosphorylation of proteins that regulate vascular function and NAD(P)H oxidase-derived ROS play a role in such responses. ..
- do Vale G, Gonzaga N, Simplicio J, Tirapelli C. Nebivolol prevents ethanol-induced reactive oxygen species generation and lipoperoxidation in the rat kidney by regulating NADPH oxidase activation and expression. Eur J Pharmacol. 2017;799:33-40 pubmed publisher..Additionally, we demonstrated that nebivolol reduces NADPH oxidase-derived reactive oxygen species by decreasing the expression of PKC? and Rac1, which are important activators of NADPH oxidase. ..
- Ceron C, do Vale G, Simplicio J, Ricci S, De Martinis B, de Freitas A, et al. Chronic ethanol consumption increases vascular oxidative stress and the mortality induced by sub-lethal sepsis: Potential role of iNOS. Eur J Pharmacol. 2018;825:39-47 pubmed publisher..Although ethanol led to vascular alterations, it did not aggravate the vascular injury induced by SL-CLP. Finally, iNOS mediated the increase in oxidative stress and pro-inflammatory cytokines induced by SL-CLP in the vasculature. ..
- Marchi K, Ceron C, Muniz J, De Martinis B, Tanus Santos J, Tirapelli C. NADPH Oxidase Plays a Role on Ethanol-Induced Hypertension and Reactive Oxygen Species Generation in the Vasculature. Alcohol Alcohol. 2016;51:522-34 pubmed publisher..Moreover, increased vascular Nox1 expression is related to the generation of reactive oxygen species (ROS) by ethanol. Finally, ROS induced by ethanol increase the expression of the regulatory vascular proteins. ..
- Leite L, do Vale G, Simplicio J, De Martinis B, Carneiro F, Tirapelli C. Ethanol-induced erectile dysfunction and increased expression of pro-inflammatory proteins in the rat cavernosal smooth muscle are mediated by NADPH oxidase-derived reactive oxygen species. Eur J Pharmacol. 2017;804:82-93 pubmed publisher..The major new finding of this study is that NADPH oxidase-derived reactive oxygen species play a role on chronic ethanol consumption-induced ED and endothelial dysfunction in the rat CSM. ..
- Simplicio J, Gonzaga N, Nakashima M, De Martinis B, Cunha T, Tirapelli L, et al. Tumor necrosis factor-? receptor 1 contributes to ethanol-induced vascular reactive oxygen species generation and hypertension. J Am Soc Hypertens. 2017;11:684-696.e3 pubmed publisher..Additionally, TNFR1 plays a role in ethanol-induced increase in proinflammatory cytokines and neutrophils migration. However, PVAT does not counteract or aggravate the effects induced by ethanol. ..
- Muniz J, Leite L, Lacchini R, Tanus Santos J, Tirapelli C. Dysregulated mitogen-activated protein kinase and matrix metalloproteinase in ethanol-induced cavernosal dysfunction. Can J Physiol Pharmacol. 2017;: pubmed publisher..Additionally, we found that SAPK/JNK plays a role in ethanol-induced increase on ET-1 contraction in the isolated rat CSM. ..
- Ceron C, Marchi K, Muniz J, Tirapelli C. Vascular oxidative stress: a key factor in the development of hypertension associated with ethanol consumption. Curr Hypertens Rev. 2014;10:213-22 pubmed..The present article reviews the role of ROS in vascular (patho)biology of ethanol. ..