- Evaluation of health-related quality of life in low-income patients with COPD receiving long-term oxygen therapyCláudia Adriana Sant'Anna
Division of Respiratory Diseases, Heart Institute InCor Hospital das Clínicas and the Division of General Internal Medicine, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, Brazil
Chest 123:136-41. 2003..To assess health-related quality of life (HRQL) in a low-income population of patients with hypoxemia and COPD receiving long-term oxygen therapy (LTOT)...
- Evaluation of the magnitude of the bronchodilator response in children and adolescents with asthmaMaria Helena Bussamra
Unidade de Pneumologia do Instituto da Criança, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Chest 127:530-5. 2005..Bronchodilator response criteria have been determined in adults; however, data applicable to children and adolescents are scarce. We measured pulmonary function in asthmatic patients to determine the bronchodilator response...
- The effect of bronchodilators and oxygen alone and in combination on self-paced exercise performance in stable COPDAlberto Cukier
Pulmonary Division, Heart Institute InCor, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Respir Med 101:746-53. 2007..Clinically relevant improvement is possible when therapies with a different mechanism of action are combined...
- Comparing asthma and chronic obstructive pulmonary disease in terms of symptoms of anxiety and depressionNeide Suzane Carvalho
Department of Pulmonology and General Clinical Medicine, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Bras Pneumol 33:1-6. 2007..To evaluate the presence and severity of symptoms of anxiety and depression in individuals with asthma or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease...
- Incorrect application technique of metered dose inhalers by internal medicine residents: impact of exposure to a practical situationRafael Stelmach
Pulmonary Division, Heart Institute InCor, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Brazil
J Asthma 44:765-8. 2007..The results demonstrate that, when seeing a typical patient with uncontrolled persistent asthma, most residents are able to correctly identify the drugs indicated for treatment but not adequately instruct the MDI technique use...
- Effect of treating allergic rhinitis with corticosteroids in patients with mild-to-moderate persistent asthmaRafael Stelmach
Division of Respiratory Diseases, Heart Institute InCor, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, Brazil
Chest 128:3140-7. 2005....
- Clinical characteristics and possible phenotypes of an adult severe asthma populationRegina Maria de Carvalho-Pinto
Pulmonary Department, Heart Institute InCor, School of Medicine, Sao Paulo University, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Respir Med 106:47-56. 2012..Currently, there are no studies of well-characterized severe asthmatics in Brazil. We aimed to study a population of severe treated asthmatics still uncontrolled to characterize them and define possible phenotypes...
- Chronic rhinosinusitis in allergic asthmatic patients: radiography versus low-dose computed tomography evaluationRafael Stelmach
Pulmonary Division InCor, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Asthma 47:599-603. 2010..The objective was to compare PS involvement using low-dose CT and plain X-ray in allergic asthmatic patients with rhinitis...
- Validation of the Brazilian-Portuguese version of the European Community Respiratory Health Survey in asthma patientsMarcos Ribeiro
Occupational and Environmental Group, Pulmonary Division, Heart Institute InCor, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Asthma 44:371-5. 2007..Our objective was to determine the cultural equivalence of the ECRHS into the Brazilian-Portuguese language...
- A randomized, comparative study of formoterol and terbutaline dry powder inhalers in the treatment of mild to moderate asthma exacerbations in the pediatric acute care settingMaria H Bussamra
Pulmonology Unit, Child Institute Instituto da Criança, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 103:248-53. 2009..Formoterol is a fast-acting, long-acting beta-agonist. Its on-demand use by outpatients has been beneficial in controlling asthma...
- Educational program for smoke-induced respiratory diseases in Brazilian Amazon: assessing knowledge about asthmaMaria Helena C F Bussamra
Pulmonary Section, Child Institute Hospital das Clinicas, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Asthma 41:35-41. 2004..497 of 684 (73%) after the training (p < 0.0001). Training significantly influenced knowledge about asthma in the group studied. The impact of this program on health care remains unknown...
- [Short-term effect of tiotropium in COPD patients being treated with a beta2 agonist]Frederico Leon Arrabal Fernandes
Instituto do Coracao, Hospital das Clinicas, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
J Bras Pneumol 36:181-9. 2010..To evaluate the short-term impact of tiotropium in patients with severe or very severe COPD who complain of dyspnea despite being currently treated with other bronchodilators...
- Placental transmogrification of the lung presenting as giant bullae with soft-fatty componentsAlfredo N C Santana
Pulmonary Division and PSM HC PS HU, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Brazil
Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 33:124-6. 2008..In conclusion, we described the first CT finding of soft tissue and fatty components within the PTL-related bullae, and the PTL should be considered in the differential diagnosis of pulmonary lesions with soft-fatty and air components...
- Assessment of the ventricular function of patients with advanced chronic obstructive pulmonary disease by using magnetic resonance imagingNazareth de Novaes Rocha
Instituto do Coracao, Hospital das Clinicas, FMUSP, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Arq Bras Cardiol 83:326-31; 320-5. 2004..To assess the mechanisms that may be involved in the evolution of right and left ventricular dysfunction in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)...
- [Occupational asthma]Ana Lusia Godoy Fernandes
Universidade Federal de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
J Bras Pneumol 32:S27-34. 2006....
- Treating allergic rhinitis and asthma: different sides of the same fenceRafael Stelmach
Expert Opin Pharmacother 7:1245-9. 2006....