Genomes and Genes
Mirian N Sotto
- Factor XIIIa+ dermal dendrocyte parasitism in American tegumentary leishmaniasis skin lesionsMirian N Sotto
Departments of Dermatology, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Am J Dermatopathol 32:15-8. 2010..FXIIIa+ DDs harboring parasites were observed in 11 of 22 skin biopsies. The data obtained suggest that FXIIIa+ DD plays a role in the pathogenesis of ATL skin lesion as host cell, immune effector, and/or antigen-presenting cell...
- Nephrogenic fibrosing dermopathy: report of two casesNádia Barbosa Aires
Department of Dermatology, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Acta Derm Venereol 87:521-4. 2007..There is no consistently effective therapy for nephrogenic fibrosing dermopathy. We report here 2 Brazilian patients in connection with a short review. Remission was recorded in one case after plasmapheresis...
- Lymphocyte subsets, macrophages and Langerhans cells in actinomycetoma and eumycetoma tissue reactionClaudia Cenci Guimarães
Department of Pathology, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Av Dr Arnaldo, 455 sala 1118, 01246 903 Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Acta Trop 87:377-84. 2003..The morphological alterations and marked reduction of LC in mycetoma lesions might reflect a depressed cellular immune response, partially explaining the chronic course and unresponsiveness to treatment of this group of diseases...
- Nucleolar organizer region staining patterns in paraffin-embedded tissue cells from human skin cancersRosana F Romão-Corrêa
Genetics Laboratory, Butantan Institute, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Cutan Pathol 32:323-8. 2005..In this study, NOR patterns of skin cancers were performed in the search of a valuable prognostic method to complement other histological procedures...
- Role of mast cells as IL10 producing cells in paracoccidioidomycosis skin lesionsCarla Pagliari
University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Mycopathologia 162:331-5. 2006..brasiliensis in skin lesions with loose granuloma and a Th2 pattern of cytokines. Considering these results, mast cells could constitute a source of IL10, contributing to a non-effective response against fungal antigens...
- American tegumentary leishmaniasis: Langerhans cells in Montenegro skin testMarcia Ferraz Nogueira
Department of Dermatology, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Santo Amaro, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 50:283-6. 2008..The decrease of LC in MST biopsies of MCL patients does not necessarily indicate a worse specific cellular immunity in this clinical form of leishmaniasis...
- Comparative analysis of the expression of cytokeratins (1, 10, 14, 16, 4), involucrin, filaggrin and e-cadherin in plane warts and epidermodysplasia verruciformis plane wart-type lesionsAndrezza C N Barcelos
Department of Dermatology, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Cutan Pathol 36:647-54. 2009..Epidermodysplasia verruciformis (EV) is a rare genodermatosis with susceptibility to human papillomavirus (HPV) infection, and high risk of skin cancer considered a model of viral oncogenesis...
- Immunohistochemical evaluation of skin before and after micro-ablative fractional erbium-doped yttrium aluminum garnet laser treatmentLilian M Odo
Department of Dermatology, University of Santo Amaro, Sao Paulo, Brazil Department of Dermatology, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Dermatol Surg 37:246-8. 2011..The authors have indicated no significant interest with commercial supporters...