A J Simpson
- Alternative spliced transcripts as cancer markersO L Caballero
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, , Brazil
Dis Markers 17:67-75. 2001....
- Microsatellite instability as a tool for the classification of gastric cancerA J Simpson
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Rua Prof Antonio Prudente, 109 4th floor, 01509 010, SP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Trends Mol Med 7:76-80. 2001..Here, we review the molecular context of this exciting prospect with respect to one of the world's most prevalent cancers, that of the stomach...
- Significant overexpression of oligophrenin-1 in colorectal tumors detected by cDNA microarray analysisN A Pinheiro
Department of Biochemistry, Instituto de Quimica, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Cancer Lett 172:67-73. 2001..Thus, a well-known nervous system-associated human gene transcript may also be an important colorectal tumor marker and potential therapeutic target...
- Human semaphorin 6B [(HSA)SEMA6B], a novel human class 6 semaphorin gene: alternative splicing and all-trans-retinoic acid-dependent downregulation in glioblastoma cell linesR G Correa
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Rua Prof Antonio Prudente 109, 4 andar, Sao Paulo, SP, 01509 010, Brazil
Genomics 73:343-8. 2001..Interestingly, the (HSA)SEMA6B transcript was downregulated in two different human glioblastoma cell lines (T98G and A172) upon prolonged treatment with all-trans-retinoic acid, an anti-tumor and differentiation-inducing agent...
- Bioinformatics construction of the human cell surfaceomeJ P C da Cunha
Sao Paulo Branch, Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, 01323 903 São Paulo, Brazil
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:16752-7. 2009..Several candidate genes were also identified as coding for cell surface cancer/testis antigens. The human cell surfaceome will serve as a reference for further studies aimed at characterizing tumor targets at the surface of human cells...
- NABC1 (BCAS1): alternative splicing and downregulation in colorectal tumorsR G Correa
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Genomics 65:299-302. 2000..This variant, which we call NABC1_5B, uses a previously unidentified 135-bp exon. Also in this report, we confirm that NABC1 is overexpressed in breast tumors and show that both NABC1 and NABC1_5B are downregulated in colorectal tumors...
- The contribution of 700,000 ORF sequence tags to the definition of the human transcriptomeA A Camargo
Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, 01509-010, , Brazil
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 98:12103-8. 2001..The experimental joining of the scaffold components, by reverse transcription-PCR, represents a direct route to transcript finishing that may represent a useful alternative to full-length cDNA cloning...
- Molecular characterization of DDX26, a human DEAD-box RNA helicase, located on chromosome 7p12A A Camargo
Instituto Ludwig de Pesquisa sobre o Câncer, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 34:1237-45. 2001..Nevertheless, co-amplification of DDX26 with EGFR was not detected in nine tumors analyzed...