Mauricio F Silva
- Liver resection and transplantation offer similar 5-year survival for Child-Pugh-Turcotte A HCC-patients with a single nodule up to 5 cm: a multicenter, exploratory analysisM F Silva
Department of Gastroenterology, Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia
Eur J Surg Oncol 39:386-95. 2013..This subset of patients would have a long-term survival comparable to transplantation. The main aim of this study is to evaluate the survival rates in patients with a single nodule ≤ 5 cm following resection...
- [Evaluation of hepatic resection for hepatocellular carcinoma on cirrhotic livers]Mauricio Silva
Transplante Hepático e Cirurgia Hepatobiliopancreática, Santa Casa de Porto Alegre, Porto Alegre, RS
Arq Gastroenterol 45:99-105. 2008..Liver resection, orthotopic liver transplantation and percutaneous ablation are some forms of therapy currently used to provide a cure for this disease...
- Expanded criteria for liver transplantation in patients with cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinomaMauricio Silva
Department of Hepatogastroenterology, Hospital Universitario La Fe, Valencia, Spain
Liver Transpl 14:1449-60. 2008..001) increased the risk of recurrence. The expansion to up to 3 nodules, each up to 5 cm, and a cumulative tumor burden </= 10 cm did not result in a reduction of survival in comparison with patients who had tumors within the MC...
- Current controversies surrounding liver transplantation for hepatocellular carcinomaMauricio F Silva
Department of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Flinders University, Adelaide, Australia
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 25:1217-26. 2010..In the interim transplant clinicians must restrict the use of these therapies to those patients who are most likely to benefit from them...
- Criteria for liver transplantation for HCC: what should the limits be?Mauricio F Silva
Department of HBP Surgery and Transplantation, Santa Casa General Hospital, Porto Alegre, Brazil
J Hepatol 55:1137-47. 2011..The purpose of this systematic review is to clarify this debate through a critical analysis of available data. Finally, some comments on predictive factors apart from morphological characteristics are also addressed...