Giovanni Faria Silva
- Peginterferon plus ribavirin and sustained virological response rate in HCV-related advanced fibrosis: a real life studyGiovanni Faria Silva
Botucatu School of Medicine, Universidade Estadual Paulista UNESP, Botucatu, SP, Brazil Electronic address
Braz J Infect Dis 18:48-52. 2014..The aim of this study was to assess SVR rate and its predictive factors in HCV advanced fibrosis patients treated in real life with full dose PEG-IFN plus RBV and to evaluate the adverse events related to treatment...
- Grading and staging chronic hepatitis C and its relation to genotypes and epidemiological factors in Brazilian blood donorsGiovanni Faria Silva
Botucatu School of Medicine, UNESP, Botucatu, SP
Braz J Infect Dis 9:142-9. 2005..Multivariate analysis detected age (odds ratio=1.19), and GT-gamma (odds ratio=2.02) as independent factors...
- Using pegylated interferon alfa-2b and ribavirin to treat chronic hepatitis patients infected with hepatitis c virus genotype 1: are nonresponders and relapsers different populations?Giovanni Faria Silva
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculdade de Medicina de Botucatu, Botucatu, SP Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 11:554-60. 2007..The RELs accounted for 17% of the sample. The HCV RNA test results at weeks 12 and 24 of treatment, although independent predictors of non-response (OR: 4.8 and 8.2, respectively), did not differ between SVRs and RELs...
- Variability and resistance mutations in the hepatitis C virus NS3 protease in patients not treated with protease inhibitorsLuciana Bonome Zeminian
Laboratório de Biologia Molecula, Divisão Hemocentro, Faculdade de Medicina de Botucatu, Universidade Estadual Paulista Julio de Mesquita Filho, Botucatu, SP, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 108:13-7. 2013....
- Human platelet antigen genotype is associated with progression of fibrosis in chronic hepatitis CGiovanni Faria Silva
Gastroenterology Division, Department of Internal Medicine, Botucatu Medical School, Sao Paulo State University, UNESP, Botucatu SP, Brazil
J Med Virol 84:56-60. 2012....
- In vitro detection of hepatitis C virus in platelets from uninfected individuals exposed to the virusJuliana Lara Padovani
Laboratório de Biologia Molecular do Hemocentro de Botucatu, Faculdade de Medicina de Botucatu, Universidade Estadual Paulista UNESP, Botucatu, SP, Brasil
Rev Soc Bras Med Trop 46:154-5. 2013..The aim of this study was to evaluate the interaction of HCV with platelets from non-infected individuals, after in vitro exposure to the virus...
- Progression of liver fibrosis in blood donors infected with hepatitis C virusGiovanni Faria Silva
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculdade de Medicina de Botucatu, UNESP, 18618 000 Botucatu, Brazil
Rom J Gastroenterol 13:291-7. 2004..Chronic hepatitis by HCV is progressive towards cirrhosis, with variable rate. We evaluated the rate of fibrosis progression (RFP), risk factors associated with advanced fibrosis (F3 and F4), and estimated the evolution time to cirrhosis...
- [Reverse hybridization and sequencing for genotyping the hepatitis C virus]Patrícia Martinez Levada
Faculdade de Medicina de Botucatu, Faculdade de Medicina de Botucatu, Universidade Estadual Paulista, Botucatu, SP
Rev Soc Bras Med Trop 43:135-8. 2010..The methods for genotyping the hepatitis C virus have been much discussed. The aim of this study was to compare the methodologies of reverse hybridization and direct sequencing for genotyping the hepatitis C virus...
- Pancreatic paracoccidioidomycosis simulating malignant neoplasia: case reportTalles Bazeia Lima
Talles Bazeia Lima, Carlos Antonio Caramori, Giovanni Faria Silva, Cássio Vieira de Oliveira, Fábio da Silva Yamashiro, Letícia de Campos Franzoni, Lígia Yukie Sassaki, Fernando Gomes Romeiro, Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Internal Medicine, Botucatu School of Medicine, Rubião Junior District S N, 18618 970 São Paulo, Brazil
World J Gastroenterol 19:5750-3. 2013..The smear was compatible with infection by Paracoccidioides brasiliensis. We report a rare case of paracoccidioidomycosis simulating a malignant neoplasia in the pancreas head. ..
- Erythromycin versus neomycin in the treatment of hepatic encephalopathy in cirrhosis: a randomized double-blind studyFernando Gomes Romeiro
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculdade de Medicina de Botucatu, UNESP Universidade Estadual Paulista, Botucatu, Brazil
BMC Gastroenterol 13:13. 2013..Erythromycin combines the antimicrobial effect and prokinetic properties in the same drug, but it has never been used in HE treatment. Our aim was to evaluate the efficacy of erythromycin as an HE treatment...