Carlos V Serrano
- Coronary artery disease in women: a review on prevention, pathophysiology, diagnosis, and treatmentLeila Fernandes Araujo
Heart Institute InCor, University of Sao Paulo, School of Medicine, Brazil
Vasc Health Risk Manag 2:465-75. 2006..This review brings together the most recent studies published in the field of coronary artery disease in women and points out new directions for future investigation on some of the important issues...
- Hypotheses, rationale, design, and methods for prognostic evaluation of cardiac biomarker elevation after percutaneous and surgical revascularization in the absence of manifest myocardial infarction. A comparative analysis of biomarkers and cardiac magnetWhady Hueb
Heart Institute of the University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
BMC Cardiovasc Disord 12:65. 2012....
- Native LDL-cholesterol mediated monocyte adhesion molecule overexpression is blocked by simvastatinCarlos V Serrano
Heart Institute InCor HCFMUSP, Medical School, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 23:215-20. 2009....
- Reduced expression of systemic proinflammatory and myocardial biomarkers after off-pump versus on-pump coronary artery bypass surgery: a prospective randomized studyCarlos V Serrano
Heart Institute InCor, Medical School, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil 05403 901
J Crit Care 25:305-12. 2010..The effects of off-pump (OffPCABG) and on-pump (OnPCABG) coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) on myocardium and inflammation are unclear...
- Skeletonized coronary arteries: pathophysiological and clinical aspects of vascular calcificationCarlos V Serrano
Heart Institute, Av Enéas de C Aguiar, 44 Building II, 2nd Floor, Room 12, Sao Paulo, SP 05403 000, Brazil
Vasc Health Risk Manag 7:143-51. 2011..In this context, we undertook an update on coronary calcification, focusing on physiopathology, clinical implications, and imaging techniques...
- Association between depression and development of coronary artery disease: pathophysiologic and diagnostic implicationsCarlos V Serrano
Heart Institute InCor HCFMUSP, Avenida Enéas de Carvalho Aguiar, 44 Building II, 2nd Floor, Room 12, Sao Paulo, SP 05403 901, Brazil
Vasc Health Risk Manag 7:159-64. 2011..Accordingly, pathophysiological and clinical implications between depression and CAD are discussed in this article...
- Enhanced inflammatory response following coronary stent implantation in stable angina patientsCarlos V Serrano
Heart Institute InCor, University of Sao Paulo, Medical School, Brazil
Int J Cardiol 118:69-75. 2007..The objective of this study was to characterize the inflammatory response following coronary stent implantation (CSI) of stable atherosclerotic plaques, according to plaque morphology...
- Platelet and leukocyte adhesion and activation in unstable angina and post-PTCACarlos V Serrano
Heart Institute InCor University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, SP 05403 000, Brazil
Int J Cardiol 99:423-8. 2005..However, it is unknown if different clinical syndromes associated with plaque rupture induce similar blood cell activation and adhesion to the endothelium...
- Preoperative B-type natriuretic peptide, and not the inflammation status, predicts an adverse outcome for patients undergoing heart surgeryFernando Ganem
Heart Institute InCor, Medical School, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Interact Cardiovasc Thorac Surg 12:778-83. 2011....
- Pleiotropic effects of ezetimibe/simvastatin vs. high dose simvastatinAntonio Eduardo P Pesaro
Heart Institute, University of Sao Paulo, Av Enéas de C Aguiar, 44, Building II, 2nd Floor, Room 12, Sao Paulo, SP 05403 901, Brazil
Int J Cardiol 158:400-4. 2012..In the setting of stable coronary artery disease (CAD), it is not known if the pleiotropic effects of cholesterol reduction differ between combined ezetimibe/simvastatin and high-dose simvastatin alone...
- Differences in the inflammatory response between patients with and those without diabetes mellitus after coronary stentingMaria Sanali M O Paiva
Heart Institute InCor, Medical School, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
J Interv Cardiol 21:403-9. 2008..Patients with diabetes mellitus who undergo coronary stenting are at increased risk of restenosis. It is known that inflammation plays a crucial role in restenosis...
- Atorvastatin reduces proinflammatory markers in hypercholesterolemic patientsElia Ascer
Heart Institute InCor HCFMUSP, Medical School, University of Sao Paulo, Fundação Maria Cecília Souto Vidigal, Av Enéas de C Aguiar 44, Sao Paulo, SP 05403 901, Brazil
Atherosclerosis 177:161-6. 2004..Reduction in cardiovascular events with statins has been in part attributed to their anti-inflammatory properties...
- Influence of leukocytes and glycemia on the prognosis of patients with acute myocardial infarctionAntonio Eduardo P Pesaro
Instituto do Coracao, Hospital das Clinicas, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Arq Bras Cardiol 92:84-93. 2009..However, little is known on the long-term impact of these markers...
- The role of invasive therapies in elderly patients with acute myocardial infarctionJose C Nicolau
Acute Coronary Disease Unit, Faculdade de Medicina, Heart Institute, Hospital das Clinicas, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 64:553-60. 2009....
- [Obesity and coronary artery disease: role of vascular inflammation]Fernando Gomes
Hospital das Clinicas, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brasil
Arq Bras Cardiol 94:255-61, 273-9, 260-6. 2010....
- The role of gender in the long-term prognosis of patients with myocardial infarction submitted to fibrinolytic treatmentJose Carlos Nicolau
Heart Institute InCor, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Brazil
Ann Epidemiol 14:17-23. 2004..To determine the role of gender in short- and long-term survival after a thrombolytic-treated myocardial infarction...
- Role of oral blockade of platelet glycoprotein IIb/IIIa on neutrophil activation in patients with acute coronary syndromesCarlos V Serrano
Heart Institute InCor, University of Sao Paulo, Medical School, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Cardiovasc Drugs Ther 17:129-32. 2003..The sustained neutrophil activation observed with orbofiban may have a role on the recurrent thrombotic events observed with orbofiban treatment in the OPUS-TIMI 16 trial...
- Clinical characteristics and long-term outcome of patients with acute coronary syndromes and Takayasu arteritisAlexandre de Matos Soeiro
Unidade Clínica de Emergência, Instituto do Coracao, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Rev Port Cardiol 32:297-302. 2013..The objective of this study was to describe the baseline characteristics, clinical manifestations, treatment and long-term outcome of patients with TA and ACS...
- Postmortem diagnosis of acute myocardial infarction in patients with acute respiratory failure: demographics, etiologic and pulmonary histologic analysisAlexandre de Matos Soeiro
Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 67:213-7. 2012....
- [Negative sestamibi-dipyridamole perfusion imaging in severe coronary artery disease in the preoperative period of correction of abdominal aortic aneurysm]Helio Halpern
Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein, Sao Paulo, SP
Arq Bras Cardiol 84:179-81. 2005..After 45 days, the patient underwent surgery for correction of the abdominal aortic aneurysm under peridural and general anesthesia. The patient evolved without complications...
- Primary coronary angioplasty in a nonagenarianLuciano M Baracioli
Instituto do Coracao, Hospital das Clinicas, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Arq Bras Cardiol 78:114-21. 2002..The patient had a satisfactory evolution (Killip I) and was discharged from the hospital on the seventh postinfarction day. We discuss here aspects of thrombolysis and coronary percutaneous interventions in the aged...
- Serial changes in plasma levels of cytokines in patients with coronary artery diseaseRoberto H Heinisch
Federal University of Santa Catarina, Florianopolis, Brazil
Vasc Health Risk Manag 1:245-50. 2005....
- Enhanced inflammatory response to coronary stenting marks the development of clinically relevant restenosisAdriano M Caixeta
Division of Interventional Cardiology, Brasília Heart Institute InCor DF, Zerbini Foundation, Estrada Parque Contorno do Bosque, s n Parte, CEP 70658 900 Brasília, DF, Brazil
Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 69:500-7. 2007..The aims of this study were to investigate the effect of coronary stenting on the release of cytokines and cell-mediated immunity factors and to evaluate the association between inflammation and clinical outcomes at 6 months...