Ary Serpa Neto
- The use of the pulse oximetric saturation/fraction of inspired oxygen ratio for risk stratification of patients with severe sepsis and septic shockAry Serpa Neto
Department of Critical Care Medicine, ABC Medical School FMABC, Santo Andre, Brazil Department of Critical Care Medicine, Hospital Israelita Albert Einstein HIAE, Sao Paulo, Brazil Electronic address
J Crit Care 28:681-6. 2013....
- Association between use of lung-protective ventilation with lower tidal volumes and clinical outcomes among patients without acute respiratory distress syndrome: a meta-analysisAry Serpa Neto
Department of Critical Care Medicine, ABC Medical School, Santo Andre, Sao Paulo, Brazil
JAMA 308:1651-9. 2012..It has been suggested that use of lower tidal volumes also benefits patients who do not have ARDS...
- Neuromuscular blocking agents in patients with acute respiratory distress syndrome: a summary of the current evidence from three randomized controlled trialsAry Serpa Neto
Medical Intensive Care Unit, ABC Medical School FMABC, Av, Lauro Gomes, Santo Andre, 2000, Brazil
Ann Intensive Care 2:33. 2012..abstract:..
- Delirium screening in critically ill patients: a systematic review and meta-analysisAry Serpa Neto
Medical Intensive Care Unit, ABC Medical School FMABC, Santo Andre, Brazil
Crit Care Med 40:1946-51. 2012..Despite its frequency and impact, delirium in critically ill patients is poorly recognized. Our aim was to systematically review the accuracy of delirium screening instruments in critically ill patients...
- Relation of uric acid with components of metabolic syndrome before and after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass in morbidly obese subjectsAry Serpa Neto
Division of Clinical and Surgical Treatment of Obesity, Faculdade de Medicina do ABC, Santo Andre, SP, Brazil
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 55:38-45. 2011..The purpose of the study was to investigate the prevalence of hyperuricemia in morbidly obese subjects before and after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGBP) and its relationship with metabolic syndrome abnormalities...
- Molecular oncogenesis of prostate adenocarcinoma: role of the human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER-2/neu)Ary Serpa Neto
Urologic Oncology Division, Department of Urology ABC Medical School FMABC, Santo Andre, Brazil
Tumori 96:645-9. 2010..More specifically, these factors, and their receptors like EGFR (HER-1) and HER-2/neu, through paracrine and autocrine mechanisms, may contribute to the proliferation and growth of prostate cancer...
- Effect of weight loss after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass, on renal function and blood pressure in morbidly obese patientsAry Serpa Neto
Division of Clinical and Surgical Treatment of Obesity, ABC Medicine School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Nephrol 22:637-46. 2009..The present study aimed to evaluate whether weight loss may reverse the glomerular hyperfiltration of MO patients...
- Percentage of excess BMI lost correlates better with improvement of metabolic syndrome after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass in morbidly obese subjects: anthropometric indexes and gastric bypassMarçal Rossi
Member of Brazillian Society of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery Sociedade Brasileira de Cirurgia Bariátrica e Metabólica, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Surg Obes Relat Dis 5:11-8. 2009....
- Impact of plasmatic lipids in glycemic control and its influence in the cardiometabolic risk in morbidly obese subjectsAry Serpa Neto
Faculdade de Medicina do ABC, Santo Andre, SP, Brasil
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 53:747-54. 2009..To evaluate whether biochemical parameters are associated with a good glycemic control and to identify the occurrence of cardiometabolic risk variables...
- Ten years of docetaxel-based therapies in prostate adenocarcinoma: a systematic review and meta-analysis of 2244 patients in 12 randomized clinical trialsAry Serpa Neto
Urologic Oncology Division, Department of Urology, ABC Medical School, Rua Mariana Correia 369, Santo Andre, SP, Brazil
Clin Genitourin Cancer 9:115-23. 2011..The present analysis tries to overcome the statistical limitations of the individual trials and investigates the treatment effects in total and in various combination groups...
- Remission of metabolic syndrome: a study of 140 patients six months after Roux-en-Y gastric bypassMarçal Rossi
RR Médicos e Cirurgiões, Clinic of Gastroenterology and Obesity Surgery, Sao Bernardo do Campo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Obes Surg 18:601-6. 2008..The present study aims to evaluate the influence of gastric bypass in the improvement of risk factors associated with MS, during the postoperative (6 months)...
- A systematic review and meta-analysis of bone metabolism in prostate adenocarcinomaAry Serpa Neto
Urologic Oncology Division, Dept of Urology, ABC Medical School, Santo Andre, Brazil
BMC Urol 10:9. 2010..The objective of this review is to determine the incidence of bone loss and osteoporosis in patients with PCa who are or are not treated with hormone therapy (ADT)...