Carlos Antonio St Santos
- [Factors associated with the decision to seek health care in myocardial infarction: gender differences]Carla Almeida Damasceno
Departamento de Ciências Exatas, Universidade Estadual de Feira de Santana, Salvador, BA, Brasil
Rev Esc Enferm USP 46:1362-70. 2012..050), thus an association was observed between the variables of interest and DT. The decision times were long and were affected by cognitive, emotional and gender variables. Nursing care may promote early assistance...
- Individual and contextual determinants of the duration of diarrhoeal episodes in preschool children: a longitudinal study in an urban settingC A S T Santos
Instituto De Saude Coletiva, Federal University of Bahia, Salvador, Brazil
Epidemiol Infect 140:689-96. 2012..Environmental conditions acted as a possible effect modifier, enhancing the effect on duration of diarrhoea of the child not having being vaccinated against measles or breastfed for >6 months...
- Behavior problems and prevalence of asthma symptoms among Brazilian childrenCaroline A Feitosa
Institute of Collective Health, Federal University of Bahia Salvador, Brazil
J Psychosom Res 71:160-5. 2011..This study aims to investigate whether behavior problems are associated with the prevalence of asthma symptoms in a large urban center in Latin America...
- Estimating adjusted prevalence ratio in clustered cross-sectional epidemiological dataCarlos Antonio S T Santos
State University of Feira de Santana, Feira de Santana, Brazil
BMC Med Res Methodol 8:80. 2008..This paper overviews the most commonly used procedures to obtain adjusted prevalence ratios and extends the discussion to the analysis of clustered cross-sectional studies...
- Determinants of cognitive function in childhood: a cohort study in a middle income contextDarci N Santos
Department of Collective Health, Institute of Collective Health, Federal University of Bahia, Salvador, Brazil
BMC Public Health 8:202. 2008..This study aimed to examine the relative contributions of both proximal and distal risk factors on child cognitive development, by breaking down the possible causal pathways through which poverty affects cognition...