Percival D Sampaio-Barros
- Undifferentiated spondyloarthritis: a longterm followupPercival D Sampaio-Barros
Disciplina de Reumatologia, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo SP, Brasil CEP 01246 903
J Rheumatol 37:1195-9. 2010..To analyze the longterm followup of a series of Brazilian patients with undifferentiated spondyloarthritis (uSpA)...
- Epidemiology of spondyloarthritis in BrazilPercival D Sampaio-Barros
Rheumatology Division, Disciplina de Reumatologia, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brasil
Am J Med Sci 341:287-8. 2011..7% of the patients, whereas the mixed pattern (axial, peripheral and entheseal) was observed in 47.9%. The most common extra-articular involvement was anterior uveitis (20.2%). HLA-B27 was positive in 69.5% of the tested patients...
- An analysis of 372 patients with anterior uveitis in a large Ibero-American cohort of spondyloarthritis: the RESPONDIA GroupPercival D Sampaio-Barros
Disciplina de Reumatologia, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Brazil
Clin Exp Rheumatol 31:484-9. 2013..This study analysed the frequency of anterior uveitis (AU) and its correlations in a large cohort of patients with spondyloarthritis (SpA)...
- Survival, causes of death, and prognostic factors in systemic sclerosis: analysis of 947 Brazilian patientsPercival D Sampaio-Barros
Division of Rheumatology, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Rheumatol 39:1971-8. 2012..To analyze survival, prognostic factors, and causes of death in a large cohort of patients with systemic sclerosis (SSc)...
- Frequency of HLA-B27 alleles in Brazilian patients with psoriatic arthritisRubens Bonfiglioli
Unit of Rheumatology Department of Internal Medicine, State University of Campinas Faculty of Medical Sciences FCM UNICAMP, Barao Geraldo, Campinas SP, CEP 13081 970 Mail box 611, Brazil
Clin Rheumatol 27:709-12. 2008..5%), similar to that observed in the control group (80.2%); HLA-B*2703 and HLA-B*2707 were statistically associated to the control group...
- Undifferentiated spondyloarthropathies in Brazilians: importance of HLA-B27 and the B7-CREG alleles in characterization and disease progressionPercival D Sampaio-Barros
Rheumatology Unit, Department of Internal Medicine, State University of Campinas, Barao Geraldo, Campinas SP, CEP 13081 970, Brazil
J Rheumatol 30:2632-7. 2003..To analyze the profile of the HLA-B27 and B7 cross-reactive group (CREG) alleles and the role of these markers in disease characterization and progression in patients with undifferentiated spondyloarthropathies (uSpA)...
- Characterization and outcome of uveitis in 350 patients with spondyloarthropathiesPercival D Sampaio-Barros
Unit of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, State University of Campinas, Faculty of Medical Sciences FCM UNICAMP, Barao Geraldo, CEP 13081 970 Campinas, SP, Brazil
Rheumatol Int 26:1143-6. 2006..The HLA-B*2705 allele was predominant in the anterior uveitis patients, whilst posterior uveitis was rare and associated to infectious disease...
- Pulmonary involvement in ankylosing spondylitisPercival D Sampaio-Barros
Unit of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, State University of Campinas Faculty of Medical Sciences FCM UNICAMP, Barao Geraldo, Campinas SP, CEP 13081 970, Brazil
Clin Rheumatol 26:225-30. 2007..0001), restrictive pattern at PFT (p=0.023), and linear parenchymal opacities (p=0.015). The study concluded that nonspecific subclinical pulmonary involvement is frequent in AS...
- Systemic sclerosis sine scleroderma: distinct features in a large Brazilian cohortRoberta Gonçalves Marangoni
Division of Rheumatology, University of Sao Paulo School of Medicine, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Rheumatology (Oxford) 52:1520-4. 2013..We sought to delineate the characteristics of ssSSc in a cohort of Brazilian patients and contrast them with those in the literature...
- Frequency of HLA-B27 and its alleles in patients with Reiter syndrome: comparison with the frequency in other spondyloarthropathies and a healthy control populationPercival D Sampaio-Barros
Unit of Rheumatology, Department of Internal Medicine, State University of Campinas Faculty of Medical Sciences FCM UNICAMP, Barao Geraldo, CEP 13081 970, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Rheumatol Int 28:483-6. 2008..Concluding, in the HLA-B 27 positive patients with RS in this study there was predominance of HLA-B 2,705 allele, in a lower frequency than that observed in patients with other spondyloarthropathies and healthy controls...
- Ethnic influence in clinical and functional measures of Brazilian patients with spondyloarthritisThelma L Skare
Disciplina de Reumatologia, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Av Dr Arnaldo, 455 3, Andar, Cerqueira Cesar, Sao Paulo SP, Brasil, CEP 01246 903
J Rheumatol 39:141-7. 2012..The aim of our study was to analyze the influence of ethnic background in SpA disease patterns in a large series of Brazilian patients...
- Effect of enthesitis on 1505 Brazilian patients with spondyloarthritisSueli Carneiro
From the Brazilian Registry of Spondyloarthritis Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Universidade Estadual do Rio de Janeiro, Santa Casa do Rio de Janeiro, and Faculdade de Medicina Souza Marques, Rio de Janeiro Insper Institute of Education and Research, and Division of Rheumatology and Instituto de Ortopedia e Traumatologia, Universidade de Sao Paulo, and Santa Casa de São Paulo, and Hospital do Servidor Público Estadual, São Paulo Universidade de Brasília, and Hospital de Base, Brasília Hospital Geral de Goiânia, Goiânia Universidade de Campinas, and Pontifícia Universidade Católica, Campinas Universidade Federal do Amazonas, Manaus Pontifícia Universidade Católica, Porto Alegre Hospital Evangélico de Curitiba, and Universidade Federal do Paraná, Curitiba Faculdade de Medicina de São José do Rio Preto, São José do Rio Preto Hospital Geral de Fortaleza, and Universidade Federal do Ceará, Fortaleza Universidade Federal do Mato Grosso do Sul, Campo Grande Universidade Federal de Pernambuco, Recife Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Florianópolis Santa Casa de Belo Horizonte, and Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte Escola de Medicina e Saúde Pública, Salvador Universidade Federal do Pará, Belém and Universidade Federal do Espírito Santo, Vitoria, Brazil
J Rheumatol 40:1719-25. 2013..To analyze the clinical effect of enthesitis in a large Brazilian cohort of patients with spondyloarthritis (SpA)...
- Six-minute walk test for the evaluation of pulmonary disease severity in scleroderma patientsWander O Villalba
Department of Physiotherapy, School of Medical Sciences, State University of Campinas, UNICAMP, Cidade Universitaria Zeferino Vuz, PO Box 6142, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Chest 131:217-22. 2007....
- Toll-like receptor (TLR) 2 is upregulated on peripheral blood monocytes of patients with psoriatic arthritis: a role for a gram-positive inflammatory trigger?Solange Carrasco
University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
Clin Exp Rheumatol 29:958-62. 2011..Psoriatic arthritis (PsA) is a chronic inflammatory joint disease and gram-positive streptococcus may have a role in its pathogenesis, suggesting the importance of TLR2 stimulation in PsA...
- Reduced seroprotection after pandemic H1N1 influenza adjuvant-free vaccination in patients with rheumatoid arthritis: implications for clinical practiceAna C M Ribeiro
Division of Rheumatology, Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo, Brazil
Ann Rheum Dis 70:2144-7. 2011..Reduced response to pandemic (2009) H1N1 (pH1N1) vaccine in patients with rheumatoid arthritis (RA) was recently reported...
- Prognostic factors of low bone mineral density in ankylosing spondylitisPercival D Sampaio-Barros
Clin Rheumatol 24:310-1. 2005
- Frequency of the HLA-B27 alleles in Brazilian patients with ASRoseneide A Conde
J Rheumatol 30:2512. 2003