- Sleep duration in elderly obese patients correlated negatively with intake fattyAline Alves Santana
Laboratorio de Fisiologia e Bioquimica do Exercicio, Universidade do Extremo Sul Catarinense, Criciuma, SC, Brazil
Lipids Health Dis 11:99. 2012..The purpose of the present study was to evaluate the relationship between sleep duration and dietary habits in elderly obese patients treated at an institute of cardiology...
- Impact of myocardial infarction on cardiac autonomic function in diabetic ratsBruno Rodrigues
Human Movement Laboratory, Sao Judas Tadeu University, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Diabetes Complications 27:16-22. 2013..We evaluated autonomic and hemodynamic parameters and maximal oxygen consumption (VO(2)max) as possible determinants of mortality in streptozotocin (STZ) diabetic rats after myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Aerobic exercise training delays cardiac dysfunction and improves autonomic control of circulation in diabetic rats undergoing myocardial infarctionBruno Rodrigues
Human Movement Laboratory, Sao Judas Tadeu University, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
J Card Fail 18:734-44. 2012..We evaluated the effects ET on functional and molecular left ventricular (LV) parameters as well as on autonomic function and mortality in diabetics after MI...
- Hyperglycemia can delay left ventricular dysfunction but not autonomic damage after myocardial infarction in rodentsBruno Rodrigues
Human Movement Laboratory, Sao Judas Tadeu University, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Cardiovasc Diabetol 10:26. 2011..In the present study, we evaluated the chronic effects of MI on left ventricular (LV) and autonomic functions in streptozotocin (STZ) diabetic rats...
- Short-term diabetes attenuates left ventricular dysfunction and mortality rates after myocardial infarction in rodentsBruno Rodrigues
Human Movement Laboratory, Sao Judas Tadeu University, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 66:1437-42. 2011....
- Maximal exercise test is a useful method for physical capacity and oxygen consumption determination in streptozotocin-diabetic ratsBruno Rodrigues
Hypertension Unit, Heart Institute InCor, Medical School, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo Sao Paulo, Brazil
Cardiovasc Diabetol 6:38. 2007....
- Cholinergic stimulation with pyridostigmine improves autonomic function in infarcted ratsRaquel N De La Fuente
Heart Institute InCor, Medical School, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 40:610-6. 2013..These data may have potential clinical implications because autonomic markers have prognostic significance after MI...
- Cardiac and peripheral adjustments induced by early exercise training intervention were associated with autonomic improvement in infarcted rats: role in functional capacity and mortalityLuciana Jorge
Hypertension Unit, Heart Institute InCor, Medical School of University of São Paulo, Av Dr Eneas de Carvalho Aguiar 44 Subsolo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Eur Heart J 32:904-12. 2011..To test the effects of early exercise training (ET) on left ventricular (LV) and autonomic functions, haemodynamics, tissues blood flows (BFs), maximal oxygen consumption (VO(2) max), and mortality after myocardial infarction (MI) in rats...
- Role of exercise training in cardiovascular autonomic dysfunction and mortality in diabetic ovariectomized ratsSilvia B C Souza
Hypertension Unit, Heart Institute InCor, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Hypertension 50:786-91. 2007....
- Effects of exercise training on autonomic dysfunction management in an experimental model of menopause and myocardial infarctionLucinar J Flores
Sao Judas Tadeu University, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Menopause 17:712-7. 2010..The aim of this study was to investigate the effects of exercise training on cardiovascular autonomic dysfunction in ovariectomized rats submitted to myocardial infarction...
- Autonomic impairment after myocardial infarction: role in cardiac remodelling and mortalityCristiano Mostarda
Hypertension Unit, Heart Institute InCor, Medical School, University of Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 37:447-52. 2010..These data highlight the importance of this mechanism in the prognosis of patients after an ischaemic event...
- Benefits of exercise training in diabetic rats persist after three weeks of detrainingCristiano Mostarda
Heart Institute InCor, University of Sao Paulo Medical School FMUSP, Brazil
Auton Neurosci 145:11-6. 2009..Moreover, there was an inverse relationship between plasma glucose and the absolute HF component of HRV. These changes probably determined the different survival rate of 80% in diabetic detrained and 51% in diabetic sedentary rats...
- Hyperglycaemia protects the heart after myocardial infarction: aspects of programmed cell survival and cell deathChristiane Malfitano
Hypertension Unit, Heart Institute InCor, University of Sao Paulo, Medical School, Av Eneas de Carvalho Aguiar 44, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Eur J Heart Fail 12:659-67. 2010..This study was designed to evaluate the role of hyperglycaemia in cardiac function, programmed cell survival, and cell death in diabetic rats after myocardial infarction (MI)...
- Autonomic changes in young smokers: acute effects of inspiratory exerciseFernando Rodrigues
Human Movement Laboratory, Sao Judas Tadeu University, Av Taquari, 546, Sao Paulo, SP, 03166 000, Brazil
Clin Auton Res 23:201-7. 2013..However, little is known about the early consequences of smoking and the acute effects of a single inspiratory muscle exercise session (IME). We evaluated the acute effects of an IME on cardiac parameters of young smokers...
- Ventricular and autonomic benefits of exercise training persist after detraining in infarcted ratsCatarina Andrade Barboza
Human Movement Laboratory, Sao Judas Tadeu University, Av Taquari, 546, Sao Paulo, SP 03166 000, Brazil
Eur J Appl Physiol 113:1137-46. 2013..These findings indicate that ET is not only an effective tool in the management of cardiovascular and autonomic MI derangements, but also that these positive changes were maintained even after 1 month of DT in rats...
- Low intensity resistance training improves systolic function and cardiovascular autonomic control in diabetic ratsCristiano T Mostarda
Hypertension Unit, Heart Institute InCor, Medical School of University of São Paulo, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
J Diabetes Complications 28:273-8. 2014..We evaluated the effects of low intensity resistance training (RT) on left ventricular (LV) function, baroreflex sensitivity (BRS), and cardiovascular autonomic control of streptozotocin-induced diabetic rats...
- Exercise training prevents diastolic dysfunction induced by metabolic syndrome in ratsCristiano Mostarda
Hospital das Clinicas da Faculdade de Medicina da Universidade de Sao Paulo, Hypertension Unit, Heart Institute InCor, Sao Paulo SP, Brazil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 67:815-20. 2012..We investigated whether exercise training prevents high fructose diet-induced metabolic and cardiac morphofunctional alterations...
- [Physiological effects of exercise training in patients with type 1 diabetes]Katia de Angelis
Unidade de Hipertensao, Laboratório do Movimento Humano, Sao Paulo, SP
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 50:1005-13. 2006..This review explores the physiological adaptations to exercise training in T1DM, and discuss the guidelines for physical activity recommendations and prescription in this setting...
- Can high altitude influence cytokines and sleep?Valdir de Aquino Lemos
Departamento de Psicobiologia, Campus Sao Paulo, UNIFESP, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Mediators Inflamm 2013:279365. 2013....
- Quantification of left ventricular myocardial collagen system in children, young adults, and the elderlyAndrea Bogoslavsky Levy Mendes
Human Movement Laboratory, Sao Judas Tadeu University
Medicina (B Aires) 72:216-20. 2012..The present results on cardiac collagen may be important for assessing the pathogenesis of several cardiopathies in the hearts of children, young adults, and the elderly...
- [Cardiovascular autonomic dysfunction in experimental diabetes mellitus]Katia de Angelis
Universidade São Judas Tadeu, Brazil
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 51:185-94. 2007..The aim of this manuscript is to review the contribution that studies involving different animal models of insulin deficiency or resistance have given to understand, treat and prevent diabetic cardiovascular autonomic dysfunction...