Matheus L Rocha
- Blood pressure variability increases connexin expression in the vascular smooth muscle of ratsMatheus L Rocha
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Av do Cafe, S N, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Cardiovasc Res 80:123-30. 2008..Our aim was to verify the effects of SAD on connexin43 (Cx43) expression and phenylephrine-induced contraction in isolated aortas...
- Relaxation evoked by extracellular Ca2+ in rat aorta is nerve-independent and involves sarcoplasmic reticulum and L-type Ca2+ channelMatheus L Rocha
Department of Physics and Chemistry, Laboratory of Pharmacology, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Av do Cafe S N, 14040 903, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Vascul Pharmacol 50:98-103. 2009..The relaxing response to Ca2+ was impaired by verapamil and thapsigargin, revealing the importance of L-type Ca2+ channels and sarcoplasmic reticulum in this response...
- Aortas isolated from sinoaortic-denervated rats exhibit rhythmic contractions that are regulated by pharmacologically distinct calcium sourcesMatheus L Rocha
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, SP, Brazil
Basic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 102:352-9. 2008..Moreover, drugs that impaired intracellular Ca(2+) release from sarcoplasmic reticulum interrupted the oscillations. The oscillations also depend on the extracellular Ca(2+) entry through L-type Ca(2+)...
- Endothelial nitric oxide has inhibitory effects on rhythmic contractions in the aortas of sinoaortic deafferented ratsMatheus L Rocha
Department of Pharmacology, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
J Cardiovasc Pharmacol 50:510-8. 2007..Our results indicate that endothelium-derived NO (and not prostanoids), acting through the cGMP pathway, has an inhibitory effect on the oscillations...
- Spontaneous oscillatory contractions in aortas of rats with arterial pressure lability caused by sinoaortic denervationMatheus L Rocha
Department of Physics and Chemistry, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
Clin Exp Pharmacol Physiol 34:708-13. 2007..The SOCs seem to be dependent on Ca(2+) influx sensitive to verapamil and also involve K(+) channels sensitive to pinacidil and TEA...