Eduardo M Rocha
- Age-dependent changes in rat lacrimal gland anti-oxidant and vesicular related protein expression profilesThiago Martins Batista
Department of Physiology, Institute of Biology, UNICAMP, Campinas, Brazil
Mol Vis 18:194-202. 2012..The aims of the present study were to determine in the aging LG: a) the effects of aging on LG structure and secretory activity and b) changes in the expression of oxidative stress markers...
- A new method to predict the epidemiology of fungal keratitis by monitoring the sales distribution of antifungal eye drops in BrazilMarlon Moraes Ibrahim
Department of Ophthalmology, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Brazil
PLoS ONE 7:e33775. 2012..The aim of this study is to observe the variation in commercialisation of antifungal eye drops, and to predict the seasonal distribution of fungal keratitis in Brazil...
- Hormones and dry eye syndrome: an update on what we do and don't knowEduardo Melani Rocha
University of Sao Paulo, Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Curr Opin Ophthalmol 24:348-55. 2013..This review provides insight to this association as well as clarifying what remains unanswered about how to interpret and treat findings common to both DES and hormonal diseases...
- Recovery of radiation-induced dry eye and corneal damage by pretreatment with adenoviral vector-mediated transfer of erythropoietin to the salivary glands in miceEduardo M Rocha
Department of Ophthalmology, Otorhinolaringology and Head and Neck Surgery, Faculty of Medicine of Ribeirao Preto, Sao Paulo University, Ribeirao Preto 14049900, Brazil
Hum Gene Ther 24:417-23. 2013..In conclusion, RTx is able to induce DES in mice. AdEpo administration protected corneal epithelia and resulted in some recovery of LG function, supporting the value of further studies using gene therapy for extraglandular diseases...
- Transduction, tropism, and biodistribution of AAV vectors in the lacrimal glandEduardo M Rocha
Molecular Physiology and Therapeutic Branch, NIDCR, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 52:9567-72. 2011..These functions may be disrupted in several diseases, and for most of them there is no cure. The aim of this study is to investigate conditions and limitations for using adeno-associated virus (AAV) vectors as gene transfer agents to LG...
- Extra-pancreatic insulin production in RAt lachrymal gland after streptozotocin-induced islet beta-cells destructionDaniel Andrade Cunha
Institute of Biology, State University of Campinas UNICAMP, Campinas, SP, Brazil
Biochim Biophys Acta 1770:1128-35. 2007..These findings provide evidence of insulin production by LG. Higher expression of reactive oxygen species scavengers may prevent oxidative damage to LG compared to pancreatic beta-cells...
- The influence of ageing on the insulin signalling system in rat lacrimal and salivary glandsEduardo M Rocha
Laboratory of Medical Physiopathology, Department of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medical Science, State University of Campinas UNICAMP, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 81:639-45. 2003..The aim of this study was to investigate whether ageing affects insulin signal transduction in LG and SG in vivo...
- Insulin, insulin receptor and insulin-like growth factor-I receptor on the human ocular surfaceEduardo M Rocha
Laboratory of Clinical Physiopathology, Department of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Campinas State University Unicamp, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Adv Exp Med Biol 506:607-10. 2002
- Insulin secretion by rat lacrimal glands: effects of systemic and local variablesDaniel Andrade Cunha
Institute of Biology, State University of Campinas, Brazil
Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 289:E768-75. 2005..These data also indicate that under normal conditions the insulin secreted by LG is stored, but it is not clear that is locally produced in the LG...
- Influence of insulin treatment on the lacrimal gland and ocular surface of diabetic ratsCarolina Maria Módulo
Department of Ophthalmology, University of Sao Paulo, Av Bandeirantes, 3900, Ribeirao Preto, SP, 14049 900, Brazil
Endocrine 36:161-8. 2009..Prevention by insulin replacement suggests direct hormone action and/or benefit by early sub optimal metabolic control...
- The influence of aging in the insulin-signaling system in rat exocrine glandsEduardo M Rocha
Laboratory of Clinical Physiopathology, Department of Clinical Medicine, FCM UNICAMP, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Adv Exp Med Biol 506:27-31. 2002
- Identification of insulin in the tear film and insulin receptor and IGF-1 receptor on the human ocular surfaceEduardo M Rocha
Laboratory of Clinical Physiopathology, Department of Clinical Medicine, Faculty of Medical Sciences, Campinas State University Unicamp, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 43:963-7. 2002..In the present study, the presence of insulin was examined in tear film, and the expression of insulin and insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-1 receptor was examined in the human cornea and conjunctiva...
- Management of dry eye related to systemic diseases in childhood and longterm follow-upFlávio Mac Cord Medina
Department of Ophthalmology and Otorhinolaryngology, Faculty of Medical Sciences, State University of Campinas, Campinas, Brazil
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 85:739-44. 2007....
- Association of bone morphogenetic protein 6 with exocrine gland dysfunction in patients with Sjögren's syndrome and in miceHongen Yin
National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland
Arthritis Rheum 65:3228-38. 2013..The present study was undertaken to investigate and characterize changes in the epithelia associated with the loss of gland function in primary SS...
- Risk factors for conjunctival and retinal vessel alterations in sickle cell diseaseCarmen S P Lima
Department of Internal Medicine, Faculty of Medical Sciences, State University of Campinas, Campinas, Sao Paulo, Brazil
Acta Ophthalmol Scand 84:234-41. 2006..The aim of this study was to clarify whether the clinical, laboratory and genetic aspects of sickle cell disease (SCD) influence the occurrence of vessel alterations in the conjunctiva and retina...