Affiliation: Rio de Janeiro
- Prognostic value of plasma neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin in patients with heart failureHumberto Villacorta
Universidade Federal Fluminense, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Electronic address
Rev Port Cardiol 34:473-8. 2015..Neutrophil gelatinase-associated lipocalin (NGAL) is an early marker of kidney injury. We sought to assess the prognostic value of this biomarker in patients with stable chronic heart failure (HF)...
- Aortic distensibility measured by pulse-wave velocity is not modified in patients with Chagas' diseaseHumberto Villacorta
Heart Institute InCor, University of Sao Paulo, Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil
J Negat Results Biomed 5:9. 2006..The inflammatory lesion process could hypothetically lead to decreased distensibility of large and small arteries in advanced Chagas' disease. We tested this hypothesis...
- The role of B-type natriuretic peptide in the diagnosis of congestive heart failure in patients presenting to an emergency department with dyspneaHumberto Villacorta
Hospital Pró Cardíaco Unidade de Emergência, Rio de Janeiro, RJ Brasil
Arq Bras Cardiol 79:569-72, 564-8. 2002..To determine the utility of B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) in the diagnosis of congestive heart failure (CHF) in patients presenting with dyspnea to an emergency department (ED)...
- C-reactive protein: an inflammatory marker with prognostic value in patients with decompensated heart failureHumberto Villacorta
Universidade Federal Fluminense, Faculdade de Ciencias Medicas, Niteroi, RJ, Brazil
Arq Bras Cardiol 88:585-9. 2007..Inflammation has been implicated in the pathophysiology of a series of cardiovascular diseases. C-reactive protein (CRP) is a marker of inflammation easily obtained in the emergency room...
- [Anemia as a prognostic factor in a population hospitalized due to decompensated heart failure]Ana Luíza F Sales
Universidade Federal Fluminense, Niteroi, Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Arq Bras Cardiol 84:237-40. 2005..To study the prevalence and prognostic value of anemia in a population hospitalized due to decompensated heart failure...
- Microalbuminuria is an independent prognostic marker in patients with chronic heart failureHumberto Villacorta
Curso de Pós Graduação em Ciências Cardiovasculares, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Niteroi, RJ, Brazil
Arq Bras Cardiol 98:62-9. 2012..Microalbuminuria has been described as a risk factor for progressive cardiovascular and renal diseases. Little is known about its prognostic value in patients (pts) with established heart failure (HF)...
- C-reactive protein diagnostic and prognostic value in patients presenting at the emergency room with chest painAlfredo Antonio Potsch
Hospital Pró Cardíaco, PROCEP e Programa de Pós Graduação em Cardiologia da UFRJ, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Arq Bras Cardiol 87:275-80. 2006..To test immediate diagnostic and prognostic values of C-reactive protein (CRP) in patients admitted to the emergency room (ER) with chest pain (CP) without ST-segment elevation on the electrocardiogram (ECG)...
- [Heart failure with preserved systolic function]Evandro Tinoco Mesquita
Universidade Federal Fluminense, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Arq Bras Cardiol 82:494-500. 2004
- B-type natriuretic peptide: a novel early blood marker of acute myocardial infarction in patients with chest pain and no ST-segment elevationRoberto Bassan
Clínica São Vicente, R João Borges 204, Rio de Janeiro 22 451 100, Brazil
Eur Heart J 26:234-40. 2005..This study was undertaken to determine the diagnostic value of admission B-type natriuretic peptide (BNP) for acute myocardial infarction (AMI) in patients with acute chest pain and no ST-segment elevation...
- Emergency department predictors of survival in decompensated heart failure patientsHumberto Villacorta
Hospital Pró Cardíaco Emergency Department Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Rev Port Cardiol 22:495-507. 2003..Several predictors of survival have been described in stable heart failure (HF) patients. Few reports have focused on decompensated patients...
- Immune-inflammatory activation in heart failureAngelo Michele de Candia
Hospital Universitario Antonio Pedro, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Niteroi, RJ, Brasil
Arq Bras Cardiol 89:183-90, 201-8. 2007....