Affiliation: Rio de Janeiro
- Physical exercise and clinically depressed patients: a systematic review and meta-analysisHeitor Silveira
Center for Alzheimer s Disease and Related Disorders, Institute of Psychiatry, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro UFRJ, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Neuropsychobiology 67:61-8. 2013..The aim of this meta-analysis is to evaluate the effect of aerobic training and strength training as a treatment for depression in patients diagnosed with major depressive disorder...
- Impaired cognition in depression and Alzheimer (AD): a gradient from depression to depression in ADNarahyana Bom de Araujo
Laboratório de Neurociência do Exercício, Universidade Gama Filho, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 72:671-9. 2014..To assess cognition in major depressed (MD), Alzheimer's disease (AD), and depression in AD elderly...
- The effect of acute effort on EEG in healthy young and elderly subjectsHelena Moraes
Center for Alzheimer Disease and Related Disorders, Institute of Psychiatry of the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, AV Vencesláu Brás, 72 F Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Eur J Appl Physiol 111:67-75. 2011..However, additional studies are necessary to further investigate the role of exercise intensity in these results...
- Exercise and mental health: many reasons to moveAndrea Deslandes
National School of Public Health, Institute of Psychiatry, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Neuropsychobiology 59:191-8. 2009..The overwhelming evidence present in the literature today suggests that exercise ensures successful brain functioning...
- Treadmill training as an augmentation treatment for Alzheimer's disease: a pilot randomized controlled studyCynthia Arcoverde
Instituto de Psiquiatria, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 72:190-6. 2014..To assess the effect of aerobic exercise on the cognition and functional capacity in Alzheimer's disease (AD) patients...
- Effects of exercise on electroencephalographic mean frequency in depressed elderly subjectsHeitor Silveira
Center for Alzheimer s Disease and Related Disorders, Institute of Psychiatry, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil hsilveira hotmail com
Neuropsychobiology 61:141-7. 2010..An analysis of cortical activity by electroencephalogram (EEG) may show different patterns in depressed and normal individuals...
- Education does not equally influence all the Mini Mental State Examination subscales and items: inferences from a Brazilian community sampleJerson Laks
Centre for Alzheimer s Disease and Related Disorders, Institute of Psychiatry, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Rev Bras Psiquiatr 32:223-30. 2010..However, items may behave differently with regards to education. The objective of this study was to examine the impact of education on MMSE subscales and items...
- Acute exercise improves cognition in the depressed elderly: the effect of dual-tasksPaulo Eduardo Vasques
Center for Alzheimer s Disease and Related Disorders, Institute of Psychiatry, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Clinics (Sao Paulo) 66:1553-7. 2011..The goal of this study was to assess the acute effect of physical exercise on the cognitive function of depressed elderly patients in a dual-task experiment...
- Heart rate variability indexes as a marker of chronic adaptation in athletes: a systematic reviewVanessa Pereira da Silva
Psychiatric Institute, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro IPUB UFRJ, Brazil Department of Physical Education and Sports, Centro de Instrução Almirante Alexandrino Brazilian Navy, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Exercise Neuroscience Laboratory LaNEx, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Ann Noninvasive Electrocardiol 20:108-18. 2015....