Ricardo A M Reis
Affiliation: Rio de Janeiro
- Sympathetic neuronal survival induced by retinal trophic factorsRicardo A M Reis
Laboratorio de Neuroquimica, IBCCF o, UFRJ, Rio de Janeiro 21949 900, Brazil
J Neurobiol 50:13-23. 2002..Our results indicate the presence of a high-molecular weight retinal secreted factor that supports sympathetic neurons in culture...
- Expression of functional receptors and transmitter enzymes in cultured Muller cellsRegina Celia Cussa Kubrusly
Laboratory of Neurochemistry, Program in Neurobiology IBCCF, Sala C1 031, CCS, UFRJ, Ilha do Fundao, 21949 900, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Brain Res 1038:141-9. 2005..These results indicate that several components of neurotransmitter signaling and metabolism are found in cultured Muller cells...
- Dopaminergic signaling in the developing retinaRicardo A M Reis
Lab Neurochemistry, Program in Neurobiology IBCCF, UFRJ, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Brain Res Rev 54:181-8. 2007..Understanding the dopaminergic role during retina development may contribute to novel strategies approaching certain visual dysfunctions such as those found in ocular albinism...
- Müller glia as an active compartment modulating nervous activity in the vertebrate retina: neurotransmitters and trophic factorsRicardo Augusto de Melo Reis
Lab Neurochemistry, Program in Neurobiology IBCCF, Sala C1 031, CCS, UFRJ, Rio de Janeiro, 21949 900, Brazil
Neurochem Res 33:1466-74. 2008..Here we review the role of several transmitters and trophic factors that participate in the neuron-glia loop in the retina...
- Müller glia factors induce survival and neuritogenesis of peripheral and central neuronsRicardo Augusto de Melo Reis
Lab Neurochemistry IBCCF, UFRJ, Rio de Janeiro, 21949 900 Brazil
Brain Res 1205:1-11. 2008..In conclusion, we show that purified mice Müller glia cultures secrete NGF that support peripheral neuronal survival and other unidentified trophic molecules that induce RGC survival and neuritogenesis...
- Expression of functional dopaminergic phenotype in purified cultured Müller cells from vertebrate retinaRegina C C Kubrusly
Instituto de Biofisica Carlos Chagas Filho, UFRJ, Brazil
Neurochem Int 53:63-70. 2008..The results show that Müller cells, deprived of neuron influence, differentiate dopaminergic properties thought to be exclusive to neurons...
- Secreted human amyloid precursor protein binds semaphorin 3a and prevents semaphorin-induced growth cone collapseMargaret H Magdesian
Institute of Medical Biochemistry, Program in Biochemistry and Cellular Biophysics, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
PLoS ONE 6:e22857. 2011..These two peptides are comprised within a domain previously shown to be involved in binding of Sema3A to its cellular receptor, suggesting a competitive mechanism by which sAPPα modulates the biological action of semaphorins...
- Regulation of vesicular acetylcholine transporter by the activation of excitatory amino acid receptors in the avian retinaNelson Enrique Loureiro-dos-Santos
, CCS, , Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Cell Mol Neurobiol 22:727-40. 2002..5. The data show that activation of glutamatergic receptors reduces [3H]-vesamicol binding sites (VAChT) likely by activating PKC and increasing the phosphorylation of the ACh carrier...
- Ethanol increases GABA release in the embryonic avian retinaFernanda Pohl-Guimaraes
Laboratory of Neurochemistry, Program in Neurobiology, Biophysics Institute Carlos Chagas Filho, UFRJ, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Int J Dev Neurosci 28:189-94. 2010..We conclude that ethanol treatment at a time point when synapses are being formed during development selectively increases GABA release in the retina via a NMDA receptor-dependent process...