Affiliation: Rio de Janeiro
- Neurologic dengue manifestations associated with intrathecal specific immune responseM Puccioni-Sohler
CSF Laboratory, Serviço de Patologia Clínica, Hospital Universitario Clementino Fraga Filho, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Neurology 73:1413-7. 2009..The detection of intrathecal synthesis of specific antibodies has been used to support neurologic diagnosis as a proof of local reaction. It may be quantitatively calculated by the specific antibody index...
- HAM/TSP: association between white matter lesions on magnetic resonance imaging, clinical and cerebrospinal fluid findingsMarzia Puccioni-Sohler
Clinical Pathology Service Cerebrospinal Fluid Laboratory, University Hospital Clementino Fraga Filho of the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 70:246-51. 2012..To investigate the association between clinical data, white matter lesions and inflammatory cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) findings in HTLV-1 associated myelopathy/tropical spastic paraparesis (HAM/TSP)...
- Factors associated to the positive cerebrospinal fluid culture in the tuberculous meningitisMarzia Puccioni-Sohler
Escola de Medicina e Cirurgia, UNIRIO, Serviço de Patologia Clínica, Hospital Universitario Clementino Fraga Filho, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 65:48-53. 2007....
- Differentiation of HAM/TSP from patients with multiple sclerosis infected with HTLV-IM Puccioni-Sohler
Neurological Service, Gaffree Guinle University Hospital, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro State, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Neurology 68:206-13. 2007....
- Parkinsonism in the course of HTLV-I-associated myelopathyMarzia Puccioni-Sohler
Neurology Service, ESP Hospital Universitáro Gaffree Guinle HUGG UniRio, University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Mov Disord 20:613-5. 2005..These findings suggest that parkinsonian features may represent a neurological disorder associated with HTLV-I infection...
- Dengue infection: neurological manifestations and cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) analysisC N Soares
Neurology Service, HUAP UFF Hospital Universitário Antônio Pedro Universidade Federal Fluminense, Niteroi, RJ, Brazil
J Neurol Sci 249:19-24. 2006..Patients with GBS and myelitis showed a CSF-blood barrier dysfunction. The differences in the CSF may be related to the location of the lesion and multiple mechanisms of the disease in the nervous system...
- Meningitis determined by oligosymptomatic dengue virus type 3 infection: report of a caseC N Soares
Neurology Service, Hospital Universitário Antônio Pedro Universidade Federal Fluminense, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Int J Infect Dis 14:e150-2. 2010..Also, meningitis can be the first manifestation of the infection. Dengue should be investigated even in the absence of a typical picture of the infection...
- Diagnosis of HAM/TSP based on CSF proviral HTLV-I DNA and HTLV-I antibody indexM Puccioni-Sohler
Division of Neurology, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, , Brazil
Neurology 57:725-7. 2001..Thus, the combination of PCR for proviral DNA and AI for HTLV-I in CSF provides consistent criteria for the diagnosis of HAM/TSP...
- Oligosymptomatic dengue infection: a potential cause of Guillain Barré syndromeCristiane Nascimento Soares
Neurology Service, Hospital Universitario Antonio Pedro, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Niteroi, RJ, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 66:234-7. 2008..In endemic regions, the infection course can be oligosymptomatic making difficult the diagnosis of the neurological picture associated with dengue infection...
- Pathological and virological assessment of acute HTLV-I-associated myelopathy complicated with encephalopathy and systemic inflammationMarzia Puccioni-Sohler
Departments of Medicine and Pathology, Hospital Universitário Clementino Fraga Filho HUCFF UFRJ, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Av Brigadeiro Trompowsky s n, Brazil
J Neurol Sci 207:87-93. 2003..The pathological and immunological findings may help understand the role of immune-reactive cells in the pathogenesis of HTLV-I-associated myelopathy...
- Influence of the cerebrospinal fluid laboratory parameters in the ELISA test for neurocysticercosis using a total cysticerci antigenCristiane S Casanova
Neurology Service, Gaffree Guinle University Hospital, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro State, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 64:55-9. 2006..05). Based on the present data, we suggest that the inflammatory process and high protein concentration may determine false positive reactions in the Ab-ELISA test for NC in the CSF...
- [Location of the lesion and the cerebrospinal fluid findings in tuberculous meningitis: differences in the lumbar, cisternal and ventricular compartments]Rafael R Heringer
Escola de Medicina e Cirurgia, Universidade Federal do Estado do Rio de Janeiro
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 63:543-7. 2005....