Antonio G Pacheco
Affiliation: Rio de Janeiro
- Validation of a hierarchical deterministic record-linkage algorithm using data from 2 different cohorts of human immunodeficiency virus-infected persons and mortality databases in BrazilAntonio G Pacheco
Programa de Computacao Cientifica, Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, Avenida Brasil 4365, Manguinhos, 21045 360 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Am J Epidemiol 168:1326-32. 2008..These results indicate that the algorithm is accurate enough to recover vital status information on patients lost to follow-up in cohort studies...
- Increase in non-AIDS related conditions as causes of death among HIV-infected individuals in the HAART era in BrazilAntonio G Pacheco
Department of Epidemiology and Quantitative Methods in Health, National School of Public Health Scientific Computing Program, Oswaldo Cruz Foundation FIOCRUZ, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
PLoS ONE 3:e1531. 2008....
- Estimating the extent of underreporting of mortality among HIV-infected individuals in Rio de Janeiro, BrazilAntonio G Pacheco
FIOCRUZ, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 27:25-8. 2011....
- Temporal changes in causes of death among HIV-infected patients in the HAART era in Rio de Janeiro, BrazilAntonio G Pacheco
Department of Epidemiology and Quantitative Methods in Health, National School of Public Health, FIOCRUZ, Brazil
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 51:624-30. 2009..The widespread use of highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) has led to marked decreases in death rates in Brazil in HIV-infected individuals. Nonetheless, there are scarce data on specific causes of death...
- Genetic polymorphisms of infectious diseases in case-control studiesAntonio G Pacheco
Programa de Computacao Cientifica, FIOCRUZ, Av Brasil, 4365, Manguinhos, 21045 360 Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Dis Markers 27:173-86. 2009....
- The implementation of isoniazid preventive therapy in HIV clinics: the experience from the TB/HIV in Rio (THRio) studyBetina Durovni
Municipal Health Secretariat, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
AIDS 24:S49-56. 2010..The TB/HIV in Rio (THRio) study was launched in September 2005 to assess the impact of integrated tuberculosis (TB) and HIV treatment strategies in 29 HIV clinics in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil...
- AIDS-related tuberculosis in Rio de Janeiro, BrazilAntonio G Pacheco
ENSP PROCC, FIOCRUZ, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
PLoS ONE 3:e3132. 2008..We studied the incidence of tuberculosis, AIDS, AIDS deaths and AIDS-TB co-infection at the population level in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil where universal and free access to combination antiretroviral therapy has been available since 1997...
- Role of IFN-gamma +874 T/A single nucleotide polymorphism in the tuberculosis outcome among Brazilians subjectsLucia H L V Amim
HUCFF IDT Complex Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Rua Professor Rodolpho Paulo Rocco 255, Ilha do Fundao, Rio de Janeiro, 21941 590, Brazil
Mol Biol Rep 35:563-6. 2008....
- Toll-like receptor 1 N248S single-nucleotide polymorphism is associated with leprosy risk and regulates immune activation during mycobacterial infectionCarolinne de Sales Marques
Laboratório de Hanseníase, Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, Av Brasil 4365, Manguinhos Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
J Infect Dis 208:120-9. 2013..Our results suggest that TLR1 248S is associated with an increased risk for leprosy, consistent with its hypoimmune regulatory function...
- Changing mortality profile among HIV-infected patients in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: shifting from AIDS to non-AIDS related conditions in the HAART eraBeatriz Grinsztejn
Instituto de Pesquisa Clinica Evandro Chagas, Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
PLoS ONE 8:e59768. 2013..We describe temporal trends in the mortality rates and factors associated with AIDS and non-AIDS related mortality at the Evandro Chagas Clinical Research Institute (IPEC), Oswaldo Cruz Foundation (FIOCRUZ)...
- Genetic profile of the arylamine N-acetyltransferase 2 coding gene among individuals from two different regions of BrazilRaquel L F Teixeira
Laboratory of Molecular Biology Applied to Mycobacteria, Department of Mycobacteriosis, IOC FIOCRUZ, Avenida Brasil 4365, Manguinhos, Rio de Janeiro, CEP 21040 900, Brazil
Mutat Res 624:31-40. 2007..This finding has implications in the determination of nationwide policies for use of appropriate anti-TB drugs...
- The impact of antiretroviral therapy and isoniazid preventive therapy on tuberculosis incidence in HIV-infected patients in Rio de Janeiro, BrazilJonathan E Golub
Center for Tuberculosis Research, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
AIDS 21:1441-8. 2007..Antiretroviral therapy (ART) lowers the risk of tuberculosis, but may not be sufficient to control HIV-related tuberculosis. Isoniazid preventive therapy (IPT) reduces tuberculosis incidence significantly, but is not widely used...
- Statistical design of THRio: a phased implementation clinic-randomized study of a tuberculosis preventive therapy interventionLawrence H Moulton
Department of International Health, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health, Baltimore, MD 20912, USA
Clin Trials 4:190-9. 2007..In practice, although Brazil is a model for provision of antiretroviral therapy to patients with advanced HIV disease, relatively few such patients receive TB testing and prevention services...