Affiliation: Rio de Janeiro
- Nucci M, Garnica M, Gloria A, Lehugeur D, Dias V, Palma L, et al. Invasive fungal diseases in haematopoietic cell transplant recipients and in patients with acute myeloid leukaemia or myelodysplasia in Brazil. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2013;19:745-51 pubmed publisher..We observed a high burden of IFD and a high incidence and mortality for fusariosis in this first multicentre epidemiological study of IFD in haematological patients in Brazil. ..
- Varon A, NouÃ©r S, Barreiros G, Trope B, Akiti T, Nucci M. Antimold Prophylaxis May Reduce the Risk of Invasive Fusariosis in Hematologic Patients with Superficial Skin Lesions with Positive Culture for Fusarium. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2016;60:7290-7294 pubmed..Primary antifungal prophylaxis with an antimold azole may prevent the occurrence of invasive fusariosis in high-risk hematologic patients with superficial skin lesions on admission growing Fusarium spp. ..
- Nucci M, Colombo A. Candidemia due to Candida tropicalis: clinical, epidemiologic, and microbiologic characteristics of 188 episodes occurring in tertiary care hospitals. Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis. 2007;58:77-82 pubmed..tropicalis and C. albicans candidemia was a higher proportion of neutropenic patients in C. tropicalis candidemia. C. tropicalis is a leading cause of candidemia in Brazil, and its epidemiology is similar to that of C. albicans...
- Nucci M, Nouér S, Esteves P, Guimarães T, Breda G, de Miranda B, et al. Discontinuation of empirical antifungal therapy in ICU patients using 1,3-?-d-glucan. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2016;71:2628-33 pubmed publisher..Prospective studies with a higher number of patients are needed. ..
- Guarana M, Nucci M. Acute disseminated candidiasis with skin lesions: a systematic review. Clin Microbiol Infect. 2018;24:246-250 pubmed publisher..krusei in patients receiving fluconazole prophylaxis, occurring less frequently. ..