Affiliation: Rio de Janeiro
- A phosphoproteomic approach towards the understanding of the role of TGF-β in Trypanosoma cruzi biologyPatrícia M Ferrão
Laboratório de Genômica Funcional e Bioinformática, Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
PLoS ONE 7:e38736. 2012..In our study, we observed that TGF-β addition favored epimastigote proliferation, corroborating 2DE data in which proteins previously described to be involved in this process were positively stimulated by TGF-β...
- Toxoplasma gondii down modulates cadherin expression in skeletal muscle cells inhibiting myogenesisAlessandra F Gomes
Laboratório de Biologia Estrutural, Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, Av, Brasil 4365, Rio de Janeiro 21040 361, Brazil
BMC Microbiol 11:110. 2011..The myogenesis of SkMC was reproduced in vitro and the ability of T. gondii tachyzoite forms to infect myoblasts and myotubes and its influence on SkMC myogenesis were analyzed...
- Uptake of host cell transforming growth factor-beta by Trypanosoma cruzi amastigotes in cardiomyocytes: potential role in parasite cycle completionMariana C Waghabi
Laboratorios de Biologia Celular, Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Am J Pathol 167:993-1003. 2005..These observations represent the first example of a novel mechanism by which a primitive unicellular protozoan can use host cell TGF-beta to control its own intracellular life cycle...
- Genome sequence of Mycobacterium bovis BCG Moreau, the Brazilian vaccine strain against tuberculosisLeonardo H F Gomes
Laboratório de Genômica Funcional e Bioinformática, Pavilhão Leonidas Deane sala 104, Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, Fiocruz Av, Brasil 4365, Manguinhos, 21040 900 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
J Bacteriol 193:5600-1. 2011..Here we report the complete genome sequence of M. bovis BCG Moreau, the strain in continuous use in Brazil for vaccine production since the 1920s...
- SB-431542, a transforming growth factor beta inhibitor, impairs Trypanosoma cruzi infection in cardiomyocytes and parasite cycle completionMariana C Waghabi
Laboratório de Genômica Funcional e Bioinformática, Departamento de Bioquimica e Biologia Molecular, Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, Brasil, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:2905-10. 2007..cruzi infection and T. cruzi cell cycle completion. Our present data demonstrate that small inhibitors of the TGF-beta signaling pathway might be potential pharmacological tools for the treatment of Chagas disease...
- Kinetoplastid membrane protein-11 exacerbates infection with Leishmania amazonensis in murine macrophagesDaniel Ignacchiti Lacerda
Laboratorio de Imunoparasitologia, Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 107:238-45. 2012..amazonensis. The stimulation of IL-10 production and arginase activity and the inhibition of NO synthesis are likely involved in this effect...
- Proteomic characterization of the released/secreted proteins of Leishmania (Viannia) braziliensis promastigotesPatricia Cuervo
Laboratorio de Pesquisa em Leishmaniose, Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, FIOCRUZ, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
J Proteomics 73:79-92. 2009..This study reports a suitable approach to identify secreted proteins in the culture supernatant of L. braziliensis and provides new perspectives for the study of molecules potentially involved in the early stages of infection...
- Proteomic profile of culture filtrate from the Brazilian vaccine strain Mycobacterium bovis BCG Moreau compared to M. bovis BCG PasteurMarcia Berrêdo-Pinho
Laboratório de Genômica Funcional e Bioinformática, Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, FIOCRUZ, Avenida Brasil, 4365, Manguinhos, CEP 21040 900 Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
BMC Microbiol 11:80. 2011..CFPs are considered of great importance given their dominant immunogenicity and role in pathogenesis, being available for interaction with host cells since early infection...