Genomes and Genes
L F Marins
Affiliation: Rio Grande
- Nornberg B, Almeida D, Figueiredo M, Marins L. GH indirectly enhances the regeneration of transgenic zebrafish fins through IGF2a and IGF2b. Transgenic Res. 2016;25:743-9 pubmed publisher..Overall, the results revealed that excess GH enhances fin regeneration in zebrafish through igf2a and igf2b expression, acting indirectly on this major physiological process. ..
- Almeida D, Vaz B, Azevedo Figueiredo M, Junior A, Marins L. Fluorescent transgenic zebrafish as a biosensor for growth-related effects of methyl parathion. Aquat Toxicol. 2014;152:147-51 pubmed publisher..Therefore, this transgenic fish is a promising candidate model for sensitive, fast, and easy environmental monitoring. ..
- Batista C, Figueiredo M, Almeida D, Romano L, Marins L. Effects of somatotrophic axis (GH/GHR) double transgenesis on structural and molecular aspects of the zebrafish immune system. Fish Shellfish Immunol. 2015;45:725-32 pubmed publisher..These results indicate that GHR overexpression does not reverse the impairments caused by GH and, in addition, could reinforce the damage to the immune functions in GH transgenic zebrafish. ..
- Nornberg B, Figueiredo M, Marins L. Expression profile of IGF paralog genes in liver and muscle of a GH-transgenic zebrafish. Gen Comp Endocrinol. 2016;226:36-41 pubmed publisher..This group of IGFs appears to be favoring the hypertrophic intracellular pathway in muscle tissue of transgenic zebrafish. ..
- Silva A, Almeida D, Nornberg B, Pereira J, Pires D, Corcini C, et al. Reproductive parameters of double transgenic zebrafish (Danio rerio) males overexpressing both the growth hormone (GH) and its receptor (GHR). Transgenic Res. 2017;26:123-134 pubmed publisher..Therefore, it is clear that GH-transgenesis technology should take into account the need to obtain adequate levels of circulating hormone in order to achieve maximum growth with minimal negative side effects. ..
- Riet J, Ramos L, Lewis R, Marins L. Improving the PCR protocol to amplify a repetitive DNA sequence. Genet Mol Res. 2017;16: pubmed publisher..We describe the amplification of the MaSp1 gene through minor changes in the PCR program. The results show that a denaturation temperature of 98°C is the key determinant in the amplification of the MaSp1 partial gene sequence. ..