E S Machado
Affiliation: Rio de Janeiro
- Hypertension, preeclampsia and eclampsia among HIV-infected pregnant women from Latin America and Caribbean countriesElizabeth Stankiewicz Machado
Instituto de Puericultura e Pediatria Martagao Gesteira, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Electronic address
J Infect 68:572-80. 2014..To evaluate the incidence of and risk factors for hypertensive disorders in a cohort of HIV-infected pregnant women...
- Is pregnancy associated with severe dengue? A review of data from the Rio de Janeiro surveillance information systemCarolina Romero Machado
Instituto de Pesquisa Clinica Evandro Chagas, FIOCRUZ, Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 7:e2217. 2013..To estimate the severity of maternal dengue infection, the available data that were compiled from January 2007 to December 2008 by the official surveillance information system of the city of Rio de Janeiro were reviewed...
- Pregnancy outcome in women infected with HIV-1 receiving combination antiretroviral therapy before versus after conceptionE S Machado
Serviço de Doenças Infecciosas e Parasitárias, Hospital Universitario Clementino Fraga Filho, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro UFRJ, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Sex Transm Infect 85:82-7. 2009..The aim of this study was to investigate the impact of antiretrovirals (ARVs) on pregnancy outcome according to the timing of treatment initiation in a cohort of pregnant women from Brazil infected with HIV...
- Factors associated with lack of antiretroviral adherence among adolescents in a reference centre in Rio de Janeiro, BrazilL F B Filho
Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Int J STD AIDS 19:685-8. 2008..Adherence among adolescents was higher than expected. Factors associated with lack of adherence were: interviewees being unaware of ARTs and lack of commitment to the treatment. Interventions involving these factors must be evaluated...
- Comparison of pregnancy characteristics and outcomes between HIV-infected and HIV-non-infected women in BrazilT P da Costa
Escola Nacional de Saude Publica Fundação Osvaldo Cruz, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
AIDS Care 25:686-90. 2013..Better access to care must be offered to this population and studies of prematurity in the HIV-infected women must evaluate their prenatal care...