A V Krymchantowski
Affiliation: Rio de Janeiro
- [Intravenous lysine clonixinate for the treatment of migraine: an open pilot study]A V Krymchantowski
Servico de Neurologia, Universidade Federal Fluminense UFF, Brasil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 57:606-9. 1999..Controlled studies with a double-blind and randomized design, and treating a greater number of patients and attacks are necessary to confirm these initial observations...
- [Update on migraine prophylactic treatment]A V Krymchantowski
Centro de Avaliação e Tratamento da Dor de Cabeça do Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 57:513-9. 1999....
- [Clinical features of transformed migraine]A V Krymchantowski
Centro de Avaliação e Tratamento da Dor de Cabeça do Rio de Janeiro, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro UFRJ, Brasil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 57:990-3. 1999..It emphasizes the loss or changing of the standard migraine features. The pulsatile pain quality remained as an important feature, specially for those with intermittent typical migraine attacks...
- Naproxen sodium decreases migraine recurrence when administered with sumatriptanA V Krymchantowski
Headache Center of Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 58:428-30. 2000..5% (10 out of 39 attacks) (p<0.0003). We concluded that the combination of sumatriptan plus naproxen sodium decreases significantly migraine recurrence presented by patients taking sumatriptan alone...
- [Chronic daily headache: clinical presentation]A V Krymchantowski
Centro de Avaliação e Tratamento da Dor de Cabeça do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 58:437-51. 2000..With regard to the CTTH patients, pressure or tightening, bilateral fronto-temporal, moderate non-continuous headache, with sleep disturbances and no associated symptoms, was the predominant presentation...
- Prednisone as initial treatment of analgesic-induced daily headacheA V Krymchantowski
Headache Center of Rio Institute of Neurology Deolindo Couto, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Cephalalgia 20:107-13. 2000..001), and no patients returned to overuse of SM. This study demonstrates that it is possible to detoxify patients suffering from rebound headaches, using oral prednisone during the first days of withdrawal, in an out-patient setting...
- Clinical presentation of transformed migraine: possible differences among male and female patientsA V Krymchantowski
Headache Center of Rio and Institute of Neurology Deolindo Couto, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Cephalalgia 21:558-66. 2001..006). We concluded that TM patients have a clinical presentation compatible with previous descriptions but suggesting, even though limited by the restricted number of male patients, different aspects among male and female patients...
- Dexamethasone decreases migraine recurrence observed after treatment with a triptan combined with a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugA V Krymchantowski
Headache Center of Rio and Institute of Neurology Deolindo Couto UFRJ, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 59:708-11. 2001..The aim of this study was to evaluate whether patients presenting frequent recurrence with the combination triptan plus NSAID, would decrease it with the association of dexamethasone...
- Rizatriptan combined with rofecoxib vs. rizatriptan for the acute treatment of migraine: an open label pilot studyA V Krymchantowski
Rio Military Police, Department of Neurology, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Headache Center of Rio, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Cephalalgia 22:309-12. 2002..Double-blind, placebo-controlled studies are necessary to confirm these observations...
- Oral lysine clonixinate in the acute treatment of migraine: a double-blind placebo-controlled studyA V Krymchantowski
Headache Center of Rio, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 59:46-9. 2001..We conclude that the NSAID lysine clonixinate is effective in treating moderately severe migraine attacks. It is not superior than placebo in treating severe migraine attacks...
- Out-patient detoxification in chronic migraine: comparison of strategiesA V Krymchantowski
Department of Neurology, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Niteroi, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Cephalalgia 23:982-93. 2003..Further controlled studies are necessary to confirm these observations...
- Rizatriptan vs. rizatriptan plus trimebutine for the acute treatment of migraine: a double-blind, randomized, cross-over, placebo-controlled studyA V Krymchantowski
Instituto de Neurologia Deolindo Couto, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Cephalalgia 26:871-4. 2006..Recurrence was similar among the two drug regimens, as well as adverse events. The combination rizatriptan and trimebutine is more effective than rizatriptan alone. The combination does not increase adverse events or recurrence of pain...
- The future of acute care and prevention in headacheA V Krymchantowski
Rua Siqueira Campos 43 1002 Copacabana, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Neurol Sci 28:S166-78. 2007..The same is true of cluster headache, which affects only about 0.07%-0.4% of most populations. This review focuses on current and emerging agents and procedures for the treatment of migraine and cluster headache...