Affiliation: Rio de Janeiro
- Subdoses of 17DD yellow fever vaccine elicit equivalent virological/immunological kinetics timelineAna Carolina Campi-Azevedo
Centro de Pesquisas Rene Rachou Fiocruz, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
BMC Infect Dis 14:391. 2014..The present work aimed at comparing the serum chemokine and cytokine kinetics triggered by five subdoses of 17DD YF Vaccine...
- Vaccine research, development, and innovation in Brazil: a translational science perspectiveAkira Homma
Bio Manguinhos, Oswaldo Cruz Foundation, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Vaccine 31:B54-60. 2013..We also discuss the lessons learned from the Brazilian experience in the implementation of governmental policies on vaccine innovation that could be applicable to other developing countries...
- The Brazilian vaccine manufacturers' perspective and its current statusAkira Homma
Bio Manguinhos Fiocruz, Pavilhão Rocha Lima, Manguinhos, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Biologicals 37:173-6. 2009....
- [Vaccines, immunization and technological innovation: an update]Akira Homma
Instituto de Tecnologia em Imunobiológicos de Bio Manguinhos, Rio de Janeiro RJ
Cien Saude Colet 16:445-58. 2011..Brazil has also established a new innovation policy, creating new laws as well as subsidizing projects in technological innovation and modernization of production infra-structure...
- Immunogenicity, reactogenicity and consistency of production of a Brazilian combined vaccine against diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis and Haemophilus influenzae type bReinaldo de Menezes Martins
Assessoria Clínica, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 103:711-8. 2008..Adverse events rates were comparable among the vaccine groups. The Brazilian DTP/Hib vaccine demonstrated an immunogenicity and reactogenicity profile similar to that of the reference vaccine...
- Study of the genetic stability of measles virus CAM-70 vaccine strain after serial passages in chicken embryo fibroblasts primary culturesMaria Beatriz Borges
Bio Manguinhos, Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, Av Brasil, 4365 Manguinhos, Rio de Janeiro, RJ 21040 360, Brazil
Virus Genes 36:35-44. 2008..This study shows that the measles CAM-70 vaccine virus is highly adapted to its cultivation conditions and that its genetic stability contributes, in part, to the safety profile of the vaccine...
- Immunogenicity and safety of measles-mumps-rubella vaccine delivered by disposable-syringe jet injector in healthy Brazilian infants: A randomized non-inferiority studyReinaldo de Menezes Martins
Bio Manguinhos Fiocruz, Manguinhos, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Electronic address
Contemp Clin Trials 41:1-8. 2015..Recommendations for future DSJI clinical studies include rigorous training of vaccinators, quantitative measurement of wetness on the skin following injection, and regular monitoring of device and vaccinator performance. ..
- Historical review of clinical vaccine studies at Oswaldo Cruz Institute and Oswaldo Cruz Foundation--technological development issuesReinaldo de Menezes Martins
Bio Manguinhos Fiocruz, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 110:114-24. 2015..We recommend national policy strategies to overcome existing regulatory and financing constraints. ..
- Incidence of hypotonic-hyporesponsive episodes associated to the combined DTP/Hib vaccine used in Brazilian National Immunizations ProgramReinaldo M Martins
Fundação Oswaldo Cruz FIOCRUZ, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
J Pediatr (Rio J) 83:523-8. 2007..To evaluate the safety of a combined diphtheria-tetanus-whole cell pertussis-Haemophilus influenzae type b vaccine used on the Brazilian National Immunizations Program, chiefly the incidence of hypotonic-hyporesponsive episodes...
- 17DD yellow fever vaccine: a double blind, randomized clinical trial of immunogenicity and safety on a dose-response studyReinaldo M Martins
Bio Manguinhos, Fiocruz Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Hum Vaccin Immunother 9:879-88. 2013..To verify if the Bio-Manguinhos 17DD yellow fever vaccine (17DD-YFV) used in lower doses is as immunogenic and safe as the current formulation...