Affiliation: Rio de Janeiro
- Vaccine research, development, and innovation in Brazil: a translational science perspectiveAkira Homma
Bio Manguinhos, Oswaldo Cruz Foundation, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Vaccine 31:B54-60. 2013..We also discuss the lessons learned from the Brazilian experience in the implementation of governmental policies on vaccine innovation that could be applicable to other developing countries...
- The Brazilian vaccine manufacturers' perspective and its current statusAkira Homma
Bio Manguinhos Fiocruz, Pavilhão Rocha Lima, Manguinhos, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Biologicals 37:173-6. 2009....
- [Vaccines, immunization and technological innovation: an update]Akira Homma
Instituto de Tecnologia em Imunobiológicos de Bio Manguinhos, Rio de Janeiro RJ
Cien Saude Colet 16:445-58. 2011..Brazil has also established a new innovation policy, creating new laws as well as subsidizing projects in technological innovation and modernization of production infra-structure...
- Study of the genetic stability of measles virus CAM-70 vaccine strain after serial passages in chicken embryo fibroblasts primary culturesMaria Beatriz Borges
Bio Manguinhos, Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, Av Brasil, 4365 Manguinhos, Rio de Janeiro, RJ 21040 360, Brazil
Virus Genes 36:35-44. 2008..This study shows that the measles CAM-70 vaccine virus is highly adapted to its cultivation conditions and that its genetic stability contributes, in part, to the safety profile of the vaccine...
- Immunogenicity, reactogenicity and consistency of production of a Brazilian combined vaccine against diphtheria, tetanus, pertussis and Haemophilus influenzae type bReinaldo de Menezes Martins
Assessoria Clínica, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 103:711-8. 2008..Adverse events rates were comparable among the vaccine groups. The Brazilian DTP/Hib vaccine demonstrated an immunogenicity and reactogenicity profile similar to that of the reference vaccine...