Fátima Aparecida Ferreira Figueiredo
Affiliation: Rio de Janeiro
- Precut papillotomy: a risky technique not only for experts but also for average endoscopists skilled in ERCPFátima A F Figueiredo
Gastroenterology Department, University of the State of Rio de Janeiro, 1703 Humaitá, Rio de Janeiro 22261 001, Brazil
Dig Dis Sci 55:1485-9. 2010..To evaluate the success and complication rates of early precut papillotomy in difficult biliary cannulations performed by an average endoscopist skilled in ERCP...
- Low bone mineral density in noncholestatic liver cirrhosis: prevalence, severity and predictionFátima Aparecida Ferreira Figueiredo
Department of Internal Medicine, University of the State of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Arq Gastroenterol 40:152-8. 2003..Metabolic bone disease has long been associated with cholestatic disorders. However, data in noncholestatic cirrhosis are relatively scant...
- Effect of liver cirrhosis on body composition: evidence of significant depletion even in mild diseaseFátima Aparecida Ferreira Figueiredo
Discipline of Gastroenterology, State University of Rio de Janeiro, Rua Araújo Lima 24 201, Rio de Janeiro 20541 050, RJ Brazil
J Gastroenterol Hepatol 20:209-16. 2005..The aims of this study were: to quantify body composition changes, to determine tissue loss pattern, and to assess the relation of these to the severity of hepatic dysfunction...
- Predicting outcomes and complications of percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomyF A F Figueiredo
Gastroenterology Department, University of the State of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Endoscopy 39:333-8. 2007..Our aims were to prospectively evaluate the outcome ("PEG status") and complications of PEG and to determine whether these can be predicted by patients' baseline characteristics...
- EUS-FNA predicts 5-year survival in pancreatic endocrine tumorsFátima A F Figueiredo
Unité d Exploration Médico Chirurgicale Oncologique, Institut Paoli Calmettes, France
Gastrointest Endosc 70:907-14. 2009..Pancreatic endocrine tumors (PETs) differ in clinical behavior and prognosis. Determination of malignant potential through specimens obtained by EUS-FNA can help in the management of these patients...
- Pancreatic endocrine tumors: a large single-center experienceFátima A F Figueiredo
Unité d Exploration Médico Chirurgicale Oncologique, Institut Paoli Calmettes, Marseille, France
Pancreas 38:936-40. 2009..Pancreatic endocrine tumors (PETs) are infrequent, which makes large experiences unlikely. Our aim was to describe a large single-center experience with PETs and the use of endoscopic ultrasound (EUS) and a cancer staging system (TNM)...