Andréa C Deslandes
Affiliation: Rio de Janeiro
- Electroencephalographic frontal asymmetry and depressive symptoms in the elderlyAndréa C Deslandes
Center for Alzheimer Disease and Related Disorders, Institute of Psychiatry, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Biol Psychol 79:317-22. 2008..The relationship between depression and frontal asymmetry was better observed in healthy elderly, where relatively greater left frontal activity was associated with less depressive symptoms...
- Exercise and mental health: many reasons to moveAndrÃ©a Deslandes
National School of Public Health, Institute of Psychiatry, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Neuropsychobiology 59:191-8. 2009..The overwhelming evidence present in the literature today suggests that exercise ensures successful brain functioning...
- Effect of aerobic training on EEG alpha asymmetry and depressive symptoms in the elderly: a 1-year follow-up studyA C Deslandes
Centro de Doença de Alzheimer e Outros Transtornos da Velhice, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Braz J Med Biol Res 43:585-92. 2010..Exercise facilitates the treatment of depressive elderly adults, leading to clinical and physical improvement and protecting against a decrease in cortical activity...
- Effects of exercise on electroencephalographic mean frequency in depressed elderly subjectsHeitor Silveira
Center for Alzheimer s Disease and Related Disorders, Institute of Psychiatry, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil hsilveira hotmail com
Neuropsychobiology 61:141-7. 2010..An analysis of cortical activity by electroencephalogram (EEG) may show different patterns in depressed and normal individuals...
- EEG frontal asymmetry in the depressed and remitted elderly: is it related to the trait or to the state of depression?Alessandro Carvalho
Center for Alzheimer Disease and Related Disorders CDA, Institute of Psychiatry IPUB, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
J Affect Disord 129:143-8. 2011..Over the last 30 years, frontal EEG asymmetry has been investigated with regards to the study of emotion, motivation, and psychopathology...
- Acute effects of exercise on mood and EEG activity in healthy young subjects: a systematic reviewEduardo Lattari
Neuroscience Exercise Laboratory, Postgraduate Program of Exercise and Sport Science, Gama Filho University LaNEx PPGCEE UGF, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
CNS Neurol Disord Drug Targets 13:972-80. 2014..In general, EEG measures showed contradictory evidence of its ability to predict or modulate psychological mood states through exercise intervention. ..
- Continuous and high-intensity interval training: which promotes higher pleasure?Bruno R R Oliveira
Exercise and Sports Sciences Graduate Program of Gama Filho University, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Physical Education Department of President Antônio Carlos University, Minas Gerais, Brazil
PLoS ONE 8:e79965. 2013..To compare the psychological responses to continuous (CT) and high-intensity interval training (HIT) sessions...
- Comparison of two proposed guidelines for aerobic training sessionsBruno R R Oliveira
Exercise and Sport Sciences Graduate Program, University Gama Filho, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Percept Mot Skills 115:645-60. 2012..The PBVO2max, compared to PBPA, seems to provide better physiological and affective responses. VO2max (even if estimated) is recommended as the basis for aerobic prescriptions...