Antonio José Ledo Alves da Cunha
Affiliation: Rio de Janeiro
- Relationship between acute respiratory infection and malnutrition in children under 5 years of ageA L Cunha
Department of Pediatrics, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro IPPMG, Brazil
Acta Paediatr 89:608-9. 2000..03; 95% confidence interval: 1.202.43). Decreasing malnutrition along with timely and proper treatment of ARI may improve children's health in developing countries...
- [Management of acute respiratory infections in children: evaluation in Rio de Janeiro health care facilities]Antonio José Ledo Alves da Cunha
Departamento de Pediatria, Instituto de Puericultura e Pediatria Martagao Gesteira, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, 21941 590, Brasil
Cad Saude Publica 18:55-61. 2002..We conclude that quality of ARI case management in children can be improved substantially, especially with more training and supervision and better organization of services...
- Breastfeeding and pacifier use in BrazilAntonio J Ledo Alves da Cunha
Institute of Pediatrics, Ceara Federal University, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Indian J Pediatr 72:209-12. 2005..To determine the relationship between pacifier use and the duration of exclusive breast-feeding in the first six months of age, among poor children with unfavourable birth weight, from an underdeveloped region in Brazil...
- Integrated care of childhood disease in Brazil: mothers' response to the recommendations of health workersAntonio J L A Cunha
Institute of Paediatrics, IPPMG and Department of Paediatrics, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Acta Paediatr 94:1116-21. 2005..IMCI was developed by WHO and UNICEF as an integrated approach to manage sick children under 5 y of age and aims to reduce mortality and morbidity...
- [Asthma in 13-14-year-old schoolchildren in the city of Nova Iguaçu, Rio de Janeiro State, Brazil: prevalence, severity, and gender differences]Fábio Chigres Kuschnir
Programa Saúde na Escola, Secretaria de Defesa Civil do Estado do Rio de Janeiro, Rua Alvaro Ramos 405, Rio de Janeiro, RJ 22280 110, Brazil
Cad Saude Publica 23:919-26. 2007..Although asthma prevalence was lower than in other Brazilian cities, it was still high among schoolchildren in Nova Iguaçu, and was more frequent and severe among girls. Further research is needed to explain the observed differences...