Walmir F Coutinho
Affiliation: Rio de Janeiro
- Does binge eating disorder alter cortisol secretion in obese women?Walmir F Coutinho
Obesity and Eating Disorders Group GOTA Instituto Estadual de Diabetes e Endocrinologia IEDE Instituto de Psiquiatria da Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro IPUB UFRJ, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Eat Behav 8:59-64. 2007..Although obesity is associated with decreased levels of cortisol, this relationship may be lost in patients with BED. In patients with BED, binge eating severity may be a more relevant regulator of cortisol secretion than obesity itself...
- The first decade of sibutramine and orlistat: a reappraisal of their expanding roles in the treatment of obesity and associated conditionsWalmir Coutinho
Departamento de Obesidade, Sociedade Brasileira de Endocrinologia e Metabologia, Rua Moncorvo Filho 90, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 53:262-70. 2009..After the efficacy of orlistat for the prevention of type 2 diabetes demonstrated in the XENDOS study, the results of SCOUT study are awaited for a better evaluation of sibutramine impact on cardiovascular outcomes...
- Post-prandial hypoglycemia after bariatric surgery: pharmacological treatment with verapamil and acarboseRodrigo O Moreira
Obesity and Eating Disorders Group GOTA, Instituto Estadual de Diabetes e Endocrinologia Luiz Capriglione Instituto de Psiquiatria da Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro IPUB, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Obes Surg 18:1618-21. 2008..This approach may result, at least for some time, in an amelioration of symptoms without the need of an aggressive procedure...
- [Translation into Portuguese and assessment of the reliability of a scale for the diagnosis of diabetic distal polyneuropathy]Rodrigo O Moreira
Unidade de Psiconeuroendocrinologia, Instituto Estadual de Diabetes e Endocrinologia, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 49:944-50. 2005..63, p< 0.0001). The Portuguese versions of the ESN and the ECN seem to be adequate for the diagnosis of DPN in this population...
- Insulinoma misdiagnosed as dumping syndrome after bariatric surgeryLeao Zagury
Division of Diabetes, Instituto Estadual de Diabetes e Endocrinologia IEDE, Instituto de Psiquiatria da Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Obes Surg 14:120-3. 2004..The presence of only mild symptoms of hypoglycemia may make the evaluation of these patients difficult and delay the identification of other possible sources of hyperinsulinemia, including an insulinoma...
- [Evaluation of the sibutramine effect on satiety with a visual analogue scale in obese adolescents]Lívia L Corrêa
Grupo de Obesidade e Transtornos Alimentares, Instituto de Psiquiatria, Instituto Estadual de Diabetes e Endocrinologia, Universidade Federal do Rio de Jane
Arq Bras Endocrinol Metabol 49:286-90. 2005..141 +/- 1.432 for the placebo group, not reaching statistical significance (p= NS). Therefore, sibutramine does not seem do have an effect on satiety of obese adolescents, at least when satiety is evaluated by a VAS...