Genomes and Genes
Marco A Campos
Affiliation: Rio de Janeiro
- Defense against HSV-1 in a murine model is mediated by iNOS and orchestrated by the activation of TLR2 and TLR9 in trigeminal gangliaGuilherme Pimenta Zolini
Laboratorio de Imunopatologia, Imunologia de Doenças Virais, Centro de Pesquisas Rene Rachou, Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, FIOCRUZ, Av, Augusto de Lima 1715, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais 30190 002, Brazil
J Neuroinflammation 11:20. 2014..In this work, we further investigated the cells, molecules, and mechanisms of HSV-1 infection control, especially those that are TLR-dependent...
- Nitric oxide synthase expression correlates with death in an experimental mouse model of dengue with CNS involvementKátia Paulino Ribeiro de Souza
Centro de Pesquisas Rene Rachou, Fundacao Oswaldo Cruz, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
Virol J 10:267. 2013..Here we present a mouse model in which one genotype of DENV is inoculated by the intracranial route and infects C57/BL6 mice and replicates in the brain, causing death of mice...
- Two biochemically distinct lipophosphoglycans from Leishmania braziliensis and Leishmania infantum trigger different innate immune responses in murine macrophagesIzabela Coimbra Ibraim
Centro de Pesquisas Rene Rachou, Fundação Oswaldo Cruz FIOCRUZ, Av, Augusto de Lima, 1715, Belo Horizonte, 30190 002, Brazil
Parasit Vectors 6:54. 2013..In this context, the procyclic form of L. braziliensis LPG (strain M2903), is devoid of side chains, while the L. infantum LPG (strain BH46) has up to three glucoses residues in the repeat units...
- Absence of CCR5 increases neutrophil recruitment in severe herpetic encephalitisMárcia Carvalho Vilela
Pós graduação em Ciências da Saúde, Infectologia e Medicina Tropical, Laboratorio de Imunofarmacologia, Departamento de Bioquimica e Imunologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Av Antonio Carlos, 6627 Pampulha, Belo Horizonte, MG 31270 901, Brazil
BMC Neurosci 14:19. 2013..Here, we evaluated the role of CCR5 on traffic of leukocytes in the brain microvasculature, cellular and cytokines profile in a severe form of herpetic encephalitis...
- Trypanosoma cruzi and its components as exogenous mediators of inflammation recognized through Toll-like receptorsMarco A Campos
Laboratory of Immunopathology, Centro de Pesquisas Rene Rachou, FIOCRUZ, Av Augusto de Lima 1715, Barro Preto, 30190 002 Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Mediators Inflamm 13:139-43. 2004..cruzi. We also discuss the implications of these findings in the pathophysiology of Chagas' disease...
- Intracerebral infection with dengue-3 virus induces meningoencephalitis and behavioral changes that precede lethality in miceDebora C G Amaral
Laboratorio de Imunofarmacologia, Departamento de Bioquimica e Imunologia, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas ICB, UFMG, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
J Neuroinflammation 8:23. 2011..In this work, we evaluated behavioral changes and inflammatory parameters in C57BL/6 mice infected with non-adapted dengue virus 3 (DENV-3) genotype I...
- Impaired production of proinflammatory cytokines and host resistance to acute infection with Trypanosoma cruzi in mice lacking functional myeloid differentiation factor 88Marco A Campos
Department of Biochemistry and Immunology, Instituto de Ciencias Biologicas, and School of Pharmacy, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
J Immunol 172:1711-8. 2004..This pathway is partially dependent on MyD88 and necessary for mounting optimal inflammatory and RNI responses that control T. cruzi replication during the early stages of infection...
- Role of the Toll/interleukin-1 receptor signaling pathway in host resistance and pathogenesis during infection with protozoan parasitesRicardo T Gazzinelli
Department of Biochemistry and Immunology, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Immunol Rev 201:9-25. 2004....
- Adverse events post smallpox-vaccination: insights from tail scarification infection in mice with Vaccinia virusBruno E F Mota
Laboratorio de Virus, Departamento de Microbiologia, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil
PLoS ONE 6:e18924. 2011..These insights might prove helpful to better identify individuals with higher risk of complications after infection with poxvirus...
- Role of Toll-like receptor 4 in induction of cell-mediated immunity and resistance to Brucella abortus infection in miceMarco A Campos
Department of Biochemistry and Immunology, Biological Sciences Institute, Federal University of Minas Gerais, Belo Horizonte, Brazil
Infect Immun 72:176-86. 2004..In conclusion, these results indicate that TLR4 plays a role in resistance to B. abortus infection and that S lipid A has potent adjuvant activity...