Affiliation: Rio de Janeiro
- Progressive decline in stroke mortality in Brazil from 1980 to 1982, 1990 to 1992, and 2000 to 2002Charles Andre
Disciplina de Neurologia, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Stroke 37:2784-9. 2006..We describe the trends in stroke mortality in Brazil during 3 decades and investigate their differences according to regional disparities, sex, and age distributions...
- Predictors of recovery following involuntary hospitalization of violent substance abuse patientsCharles Andre
Jorge Jaber Clínica de Psicoterapia, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Am J Addict 12:84-9. 2003..Early intervention and factors increasing adherence to prolonged treatment increase abstinence and social reintegration and thus should be further explored...
- Temporal muscle haematoma as a cause of suboptimal haemicraniectomy: case reportCharles Andre
Neurology Service, Hospital Universit rio Clementino Fraga Filho, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 61:682-6. 2003..To call attention to an unusual complication of decompressive haemicraniectomy in the treatment of malignant haemispheric infarction...
- Delirium following ingestion of marijuana present in chocolate cookiesCharles Andre
Department of Internal Medicine, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
CNS Spectr 11:262-4. 2006..To describe a case of marijuana-induced delirium and the techniques used to detect psychoactive agents and metabolites in urine...
- Prevention of deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism following stroke: a systematic review of published articlesC Andre
Neurology Service, Hospital Universitario Clementino Fraga Filho, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Eur J Neurol 14:21-32. 2007..There are important limitations of current VTE preventive strategies following stroke. Additional studies on the combination of methods after CI and of low doses of anticoagulants following cerebral haemorrhage are urgently needed...
- Potential roles of bone marrow stem cells in stroke therapyRosalia Mendez-Otero
Instituto de Biofisica Carlos Chagas Filho, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, CCS Bloco G Cidade Universitaria 21941 590, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Regen Med 2:417-23. 2007....
- [How is Sydenham's chorea treated in Rio de Janeiro?]Vinicius Castro Souza
Instituto de Pediatria e Puericultura Martagão Gesteira, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Arq Neuropsiquiatr 65:653-8. 2007..Sydenham's chorea is the most common cause of acquired childhood chorea in Brazil. Thus it is relevant to know how physicians treat those patients...
- Migration and homing of bone-marrow mononuclear cells in chronic ischemic stroke after intra-arterial injectionLea Mirian Barbosa da Fonseca
Hospital Universitario Clementino Fraga Filho, Departamento de Radiologia, subsolo, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Ilha do Fundao, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Exp Neurol 221:122-8. 2010..Taken together, these results indicate that labeling of BMMCs with (99m)Tc is a safe and feasible technique that allows monitoring the migration and engraftment of intra-arterially transplanted cells for at least 24 h...