Z A Andrade
Affiliation: Rio de Janeiro
- Angiogenesis and schistosomiasisZilton A Andrade
Laboratorio de Patologia Experimental, Centro de Pesquisas Goncalo Moniz, FIOCRUZ, Salvador, BA, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 105:436-9. 2010..The molecular and cell factors involved in both situations seem to be important subjects in need of further investigations and the schistosomiasis model certainly will be of great avail in this regard...
- Schistosomiasis and liver fibrosisZ A Andrade
Laboratory of Experimental Pathology, Gonçalo Moniz Research Center FIOCRUZ Salvador, BA, Brazil
Parasite Immunol 31:656-63. 2009....
- Treatment of acute experimental schistosomiasisZ A Andrade
Centro de Pesquisas Goncalo Moniz, FIOCRUZ UFBA, Salvador, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 84:477-84. 1989....
- Schistosomiasis mansoni and viral B hepatitis in woodchucksZ A Andrade
Laboratory of Experimental Pathology, Gonçalo Moniz Research Center FIOCRUZ, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
J Hepatol 34:134-9. 2001..Only woodchucks are susceptible to both Schistosoma mansoni and a B-like hepatitis virus (WHV) infections. This study explores the relevance of this unique model regarding hepatitis/schistosomiasis interactions...
- Effect of interferon-alpha on experimental septal fibrosis of the liver - study with a new modelM M Souza
, FIOCRUZ, Salvador, BA, 40295-001, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 96:343-8. 2001..Besides confirming the anti-fibrotic potential of interferon-alpha on a non-viral new experimental model of hepatic fibrosis, a clear-cut dose-dependent effect was observed...
- [Effect of chemotherapy on the Schistosoma mansoni eggs]M G dos Reis
Centro de Pesquisas Gonçalo Moniz FIOCRUZ, Salvador, BA, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 82:161-5. 1987....
- Worm load and septal fibrosis of the liver in Capillaria hepatica-infected ratsR F Oliveira
, , 40295-001 Salvador, BA, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 96:1001-3. 2001..However, higher inocula (200, 500 and 1,000 eggs) did not intensify septal fibrosis, although the number of parasitic focal lesions proportionally augmented...
- Effects of schistosomal mansoni infection on Calomys callosus coelom-associated lymphomyeloid tissue (milky spots)J A Lenzi
Departamento de Patologia, Instituto Oswaldo Cruz, Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 93:13-23. 1998..The consequence of C. callosus MS reactivity for schistosomal infection is still unknown and is under investigation...
- Biomphalaria tenagophila/Schistosoma mansoni interaction: premises for a new approach to biological control of schistosomiasisP M Z Coelho
Centro de Pesquisas Rene Rachou Fiocruz, Av Augusto de Lima 1715, 30190 002 Belo Horizonte, MG, Brazil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 99:109-11. 2004..tenagophila/S. mansoni interaction. The possibility for applying the knowledge acquired to obtain a biological model for the control of S. mansoni transmission in endemic areas is discussed...
- The situation of hepatosplenic schistosomiasis in Brazil todayZ A Andrade
Laboratorio de Patologia Experimental, Centro de Pesquisas Gonçalo Moniz FIOCRUZ, Salvador, BA, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 93:313-6. 1998..are also less severe nowadays than they used to be in the past...
- Sequential histological changes in Biomphalaria glabrata during the course of Schistosoma mansoni infectionQ T Lemos
, , 40295-001 Salvador, BA, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 96:719-21. 2001..Findings were suggestive of a gradual installation of acquired immunity in snails infected with S. mansoni...
- Immunostimulation as adjuvant for the chemotherapy of experimental schistosomiasisL M Silva
Laboratory of Experimental Pathology, Centro de Pesquisas Goncalo Moniz, FIOCRUZ, Salvador, Bahia, Brasil
Rev Inst Med Trop Sao Paulo 39:11-4. 1997..Although total lack of immunity interferes with curative treatment the usual immune response seems to be sufficient to allow for curative drug action in schistosomiasis and thus apparently does not need to be artificially stimulated...
- Myofibroblasts in schistosomal portal fibrosis of manZ A Andrade
Centro de Pesquisas Gonçalo Moniz FIOCRUZ, BA, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 94:87-93. 1999....
- TNF-alpha is expressed at sites of parasite and tissue destruction in the spleen of mice acutely infected with Trypanosoma cruziE S Lima
, Salvador, Bahia, Brazil
Int J Exp Pathol 82:327-36. 2001..cruzi infection...
- The study of T-cell activation in peripheral blood and spleen of hepatosplenic patients suggests an exchange of cells between these two compartments in advanced human Schistosomiasis mansoni infectionA Teixeira-Carvalho
Centro de Pesquisas Rene Rachou, FIOCRUZ, Baro Preto, Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerias, Brazil
Scand J Immunol 56:315-22. 2002..The specificities of T cells and the roles they may play in the pathogenesis during chronic schistosomiasis now need to be determined...
- Pathogenesis of hepatic septal fibrosis associated with Capillaria hepatica infection of ratsA B Santos
, , , Salvador, BA, Brasil
Rev Soc Bras Med Trop 34:503-6. 2001..Thus, future search for fibrogenic factors associated with C. hepatica infection in rats should consider lesions with both eggs and worms...
- Immunological basis of septal fibrosis of the liver in Capillaria hepatica-infected ratsQ T Lemos
Laborat rio de Patologia Experimental, Centro de Pesquisa Gon alo Moniz, Funda o Oswaldo Cruz, Salvador, BA, Brasil
Braz J Med Biol Res 36:1201-7. 2003..hepatica antigens in rats indicates an immunological basis for the fibrosis and emphasizes the importance of immunological factors in the pathogenesis of hepatic fibrosis...