Marcelo Fouad Rabahi
- Noncompliance with tuberculosis treatment by patients at a tuberculosis and AIDS reference hospital in midwestern BrazilMarcelo Fouad Rabahi
Anuar Auad Hospital for Tropical Diseases HDTAA SES Goiânia, Goias, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 6:63-73. 2002..In developing countries, there is little information about the risk factors that predict noncompliance with tuberculosis (TB) treatment in hospitals...
- Humoral response to HspX and GlcB to previous and recent infection by Mycobacterium tuberculosisMarcelo Fouad Rabahi
Departamento de Imunologia, Instituto de Patologia Tropical e Saude Publica, Laboratório de Imunopatologia das Doenças Infecciosas Universidade Federal de Goiás, Goiania, Brazil
BMC Infect Dis 7:148. 2007..tuberculosis...
- Lung pseudotumor as the initial presentation of Wegener's granulomatosisMarcelo Fouad Rabahi
Federal University of Goias School of Medicine, Goiania, Brazil
J Bras Pneumol 35:392-5. 2009..We describe an atypical case of a 61-year-old man initially investigated due to suspicion of a unilateral lung tumor, which proved to be, in fact, a case of Wegener's granulomatosis...
- Lipoid pneumonia secondary to long-term use of evening primrose oilMarcelo Fouad Rabahi
Department of Clinical Medicine, Federal University of Goias School of Medicine, Goiania, Brazil
J Bras Pneumol 36:657-61. 2010..The patient was questioned regarding the use of lipid substances, and she reported the chronic use of evening primrose oil. After the discontinuation of the substance and the maintenance of GERD treatment, her condition improved...
- Health care workers humoral immune response against GLcB, MPT51 and HSPX from Mycobacterium tuberculosisMichelle Cristina Guerreiro dos Reis
Federal University of Goias, Goiania, GO, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 13:417-21. 2009..Antibody levels varied according to antigen characteristics, TST and BCG status. We suggest that possibly the presence of those antibodies could have a function in the protective immune response against Mycobacterium tuberculosis...
- [Tuberculosis in rheumatoid arthritis patients: the difficulty in making the diagnosis of latent infection]Daniela Graner Schuwartz Tannus Silva
Hospital das Clinicas, Universidade Federal de Goias, Goiania, GO, Brasil
J Bras Pneumol 36:243-51. 2010..Tests based on the detection of the in-vitro production of IFN-gamma by mononuclear cells activated by specific antigens appear to be more accurate and have been studied in patients with rheumatoid arthritis...
- The use of Mycobacterium tuberculosis HspX and GlcB proteins to identify latent tuberculosis in rheumatoid arthritis patientsBruna Daniella Souza Silva
Departamento de Microbiologia, Imunologia, Parasitologia e Patologia, Instituto de Patologia Tropical e Saude Publica, Universidade Federal de Goias, GoiâniaGO, Brasil, Departamento de Microbiologia, Imunologia, Parasitologia e Patologia, Instituto de Patologia Tropical e Saude Publica, Universidade Federal de Goias, Goiania, GO, Brasil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 109:29-37. 2014..These results demonstrate that a GlcB and HspX antigen assay can be used as a diagnostic test to identify LTBI RA patients. ..
- Standardization of in-house polymerase chain reaction for the identification of Mycobacterium tuberculosis at the reference Tropical Disease Hospital in the State of Goiás, BrazilMárcia Alves Vasconcelos Rodrigues
Departamento de Microbiologia, Instituto de Patologia Tropical e Saude Publica, Universidade Federal de Goias, 74605 050, Goiania, GO, Brazil
Mem Inst Oswaldo Cruz 99:415-9. 2004..8% and 81.9%, respectively. These results confirm that this method, in-house PCR, may be a sensitive and specific technique for M. tuberculosis detection, occurring in both positive and negative smear and negative cultures...