Affiliation: Porto Alegre
- Mean CD4 cell count changes in patients failing a first-line antiretroviral therapy in resource-limited settingsAlexandra Calmy
HIV Unit, Geneva University Hospital, Geneva, Switzerland
BMC Infect Dis 12:147. 2012..We assessed the impact of on-going HIV-RNA replication on CD4 cell count slopes in patients treated with a first-line combination ART...
- Dyslipidemia in HIV-infected individualsEduardo Sprinz
Internal Medicine Division, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 14:575-88. 2010..Life style changes are the primary target. Statins and fibrates and/or modification in antiretroviral therapy are possible approaches to this problem...
- Primary antiretroviral drug resistance among HIV type 1-infected individuals in BrazilEduardo Sprinz
Hospital de Clinicas, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 25:861-7. 2009..Resistance testing among drug-naive patients prior to treatment initiation should be considered, mainly directed at subjects whose partners are already on antiretroviral therapy...
- Utilization of the 3-D stereotaxic atlas and normal database analysis to further investigate HIV-related neurocognitive impairment and follow-up response to highly active antiretroviral therapyEduardo Sprinz
Servico de Medicina Interna, Hospital de Clinicas, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brasil
Clin Nucl Med 33:122-4. 2008
- Lopinavir/ritonavir monotherapy as maintenance treatment in HIV-infected individuals with virological suppression: results from a pilot study in BrazilE Sprinz
Hospital de Clinicas Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
HIV Med 9:270-6. 2008..The aim of the study was to evaluate the possibility of using lopinavir/ritonavir (LPV/RTV) alone as maintenance therapy in HIV-infected individuals with virological suppression...
- Genetic markers associated to dyslipidemia in HIV-infected individuals on HAARTRosmeri K Lazzaretti
Servico de Cardiologia, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, 90035 903 Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
ScientificWorldJournal 2013:608415. 2013....
- Related factors to atazanavir plasma levels in a cohort of HIV positive individuals with undetectable viral loadAna Júlia Luz
Medical Sciences Course, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul UFRS, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
Braz J Infect Dis 17:657-60. 2013..To evaluate the factors associated with plasma concentrations of atazanavir (ATV) in a cohort of well-controlled HIV infected subjects (undetectable viremia)...
- Short-term folinic acid supplementation improves vascular reactivity in HIV-infected individuals: a randomized trialShana S Grigoletti
Exercise Pathophysiology Research Laboratory, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Nutrition 29:886-91. 2013..The aim of this study was to determine the effects of 4 wk of folinic acid supplementation on forearm vascular responses during reactive hyperemia in HIV-infected patients under highly active antiretroviral therapy...
- Dietary intervention prevents dyslipidemia associated with highly active antiretroviral therapy in human immunodeficiency virus type 1-infected individuals: a randomized trialRosmeri K Lazzaretti
Cardiology Division, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Rua Ramiro Barcelos 2350, Porto Alegre, Brazil
J Am Coll Cardiol 59:979-88. 2012..The purpose of this study was to evaluate the efficacy of dietary intervention on blood lipids of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-1-infected patients who are started on highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART)...
- Plasma concentrations of efavirenz are associated with body weight in HIV-positive individualsJulia Poeta
School of Medicine, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
J Antimicrob Chemother 66:2601-4. 2011..The objective of this study was to evaluate factors associated with efavirenz plasma concentrations in a cohort of HIV-infected individuals...
- Prevalence and risk factors associated to chronic kidney disease in HIV-infected patients on HAART and undetectable viral load in BrazilAndréia M Menezes
Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
PLoS ONE 6:e26042. 2011..To determine the prevalence and associated factors with chronic kidney disease (CKD) in a cohort of HIV-positive individuals with undetectable viral load on HAART...
- Substitution with lopinavir/ritonavir improves patient-reported outcomes including quality of life in patients who were intolerant to their antiretroviral therapyEduardo Sprinz
Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
HIV Clin Trials 7:291-308. 2006..The PLATO study investigated the association between changes in patient-reported outcomes including QOL and substitution with lopinavir/ritonavir in patients experiencing side effects (SEs)...
- Short communication: UGT1A1*28 variant allele is a predictor of severe hyperbilirubinemia in HIV-infected patients on HAART in southern BrazilLisiane Turatti
Universidade Federal de Ciências da Saúde de Porto Alegre UFCSPA, RS, Brazil
AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses 28:1015-8. 2012....
- Cytomegalovirus in an AIDS patientVanessa S Cunha
Pós Graduação Ciências Médicas, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Lancet Infect Dis 6:313. 2006
- Epidemiologic and evolutionary trends of HIV-1 CRF31_BC-related strains in southern BrazilAndré F Santos
Departamento de Genetica, Universidade Federal do Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, RJ, and Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 45:328-33. 2007..To evaluate the impact of HIV-1 CRF31_BC in the southern Brazilian HIV epidemic...
- The role of mannose-binding lectin gene polymorphisms in susceptibility to HIV-1 infection in Southern Brazilian patientsGabriela Kniphoff Da Silva
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil
AIDS 25:411-8. 2011..This study investigates the role of mannose-binding lectin (MBL) in the susceptibility to HIV-1 infection analyzing polymorphisms located at the MBL2 promoter and exon 1 regions...
- SNPs in the APM1 gene promoter are associated with adiponectin levels in HIV-infected individuals receiving HAARTJuciane R Trinca
Universidade Federal de Ciências da Saúde de Porto Alegre, Porto Alegre, RS, Brazil
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 55:299-305. 2010....
- Prevalence and risk factors associated with syphilis in a cohort of HIV positive individuals in BrazilRafael Adolf
School of Medicine, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, Brazil
AIDS Care 24:252-8. 2012..Our findings may reflect that this particular population is still engaging in unprotected sexual intercourse, and efforts should be made to better target this specific group as they might perpetuate these infections...
- Metabolic abnormalities, antiretroviral therapy and cardiovascular disease in elderly patients with HIVAndréa Sebben Kramer
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Alegre, RS, Brasil
Arq Bras Cardiol 93:561-8. 2009..The objective of this study is to review the main metabolic changes caused by the use of antiretroviral therapy and its impact on an increased risk of cardiovascular disease in elderly people with HIV...
- Exercise training in HIV-1-infected individuals with dyslipidemia and lipodystrophyLucrecia Terry
Cardiology Division, Hospital de Clinicas de Porto Alegre, Porto Alegre, Brazil
Med Sci Sports Exerc 38:411-7. 2006..This study tested the hypothesis that aerobic exercise training added to a low-lipid diet may have favorable effects in HIV-1-infected individuals with dyslipidemia and lipodystrophy...